Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2018
Country
US
State
IL
Hi everyone! My name is Amanda and I am 28 years old. I was just diagnosed with fibro by my rheumatologist today. All of the symptoms and diagnostic criteria fit what I've been dealing with over the last year and now everything makes total sense. I had a hip arthroscopy to fix a labral tear and FAI last October, and went 6 months before being diagnosed with that. During that entire time (waiting for diagnosis, then surgery), I have been dealing with an influx of chronic pain and other random symptoms (extreme fatigue, weight loss, increase in migraines, hives, asthma, etc). I was already on gabapentin and tramadol for a disc bulge in my lower back, and I have noticed that the gaba has helped my pain tremendously. I was having pain in my ankles and fingers, and it doesn't bother me when I'm on it. I am going to try to go on walks every day bc she told me exercise helps a lot -- any other tips for me?

Welcome to the forum Amanda !

Yes, exercise helps a lot, walking everyday is very good, I support you in your efforts to try walking daily. Asides from doing exercise, having a healthy diet is very important too. Positive attitude, pleasant thoughts, sights, distraction, doing things that you like.......all these are helpful for us to cope with Fibromyalgia.

I wish you to feel better and better each day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back