Status
Not open for further replies.
Here I am back again with nothing new or exciting to report other than it is raining again. The weather cleared up for one whole day and then the rains came again. Lucky for us it is warm summer rains that make the flowers and gardens grow, but hey, we need some sunshine as well. The bees don't much like flying around in the pouring rain.

My little garden is starting to grow. The tomato plants are huge and I have lettuce coming up, also my rhubarb plants are doing well and other crops are reaching ever higher looking for the sunshine. lol

Went for a ride and got icecream cones yesterday and took pictures at a local campground, and watched a guy catch a big bass. I took pictures but my computer is being fuzzy about accepting the disk. My luck it won't let me get the pictures off the disk.

Nothing else to talk about so I hope the other folks on this forum start joining in with some daily conversations about their lives. See you all later. :)

Hi 1sweed! I just responded to your reply to my newbie post and thanks for that. Hope you don't mind me jumping in to share a bit of my day. I have just learned I have pneumonia! It started several weeks ago as what I was told was bronchitis. After a dose of steroids followed by antibiotics I was told it was asthma and given more meds. Now I'm told the first antibiotic didn't work because it has been over prescribed in this area. It urks me to say the least that the actions of others has had such a huge impact on my life especially since I can't even remember when the last time I took antibiotics. I am now starting a round of a new antibiotic hoping this will be over soon. I don't know about anyone else but I struggle to deal with the very long list of symptoms of FB. Now I have faced hypoglycemia and now pneumonia in the same month.
The best part of my day is when one of my daughters call and tell me something super sweet that my grandsons are doing today. They are the light of my day for sure. Then my husband of 35 years comes home and hugs me and all the bad melts away.

Birdwatcher, Glad you dropped by to share about your new problem as well as, the joy of a happy family. I hope you get to feeling better soon and please come back and share a bit of your day here.

Today the sun was shining and I spent most of the day inside, go figure. lol Actually, I had my computer mantaince to do, as well as, helping a friend with her email account. She had over 2,000 emails from as far back as 2003. I helped her clear out about 1,200 of them today. Whew! So many people have computers and accounts for emails, but due to disabilities they lack the insight on how to care for those accounts. I tried to teach her about it some today and we will work on it another day as well.

I finally got my green beans planted today, although the ground was wet and muddy. It is suppose to rain more so I had to get them in the ground before the rain comes again. I have been watching movies and getting into the habit of reading good books again. Keeps me busy and out of trouble. lol

Hope to have more to share tomarrow. Till then have a great day!

I sure wish I knew someone who could teach me more about my pc. Once upon a time, again a very long time ago, one of my task was keeping all my bosses computers up and running. Funny now I'm doing really good just to respond to your post. FM who knew? If someone would have told me that some day I would have trouble turning a computer on I would have laughed. That day has come and gone.

Your garden sound great. My husband and I used to grow big vegie gardens when our girls were young. I used to can or freeze most of our vegies. I mostly enjoy growing flowers now but have wanted to get back to vegies. This year I bought tomatoes, cukes and squash. So far they haven't made it into the ground but I have repotted them hoping to get a place made to plant them soon. I am working on putting in a raised garden for them since my body doesn't like going down to the ground where they live. Again once upon a time I worked for a landscaper so I was able to do the work before FM.

Does any one else out there mourn for the person they were before FM? I was never a social person but now I'm a hermit. The fact that I can't carry on a conversation with out forgetting what I'm talking about has a lot to do with my reluctance to socialize. It's hard enough for my own family to understand my life with FM much less anyone else. I don't expect people to get it since I sure don't it's the judgement I have trouble with. My philosophy is everyone is doing the best they can with what ever they have to work with. I guess my situation is just too complicated for "out siders" to except. All they see are the good days which leads them to believe I'm just another freeloader on disability. They don't see what's behind the scenes nor are they interested. Judging seems to be what the world does best. It's really too bad we are not all made out of the same cookie cutter so we could all be excepted.

Sorry I hope I don't bring down your day. Maybe when I kick this pneumonia and learn how to control my new friend hypoglycemia I will have a better outlook.

So great to have you join in here again, Birdwatcher. I am going to write article on caring for your computer and when I get it done I will send you a link to it. I wrote one before but the blog site changed the way they operated and deleted it, so I have to reinvent the wheel. So to speak, and rewrite it a different way. Yes, I am myself a bit of a hermit too. I want to do things with friends, but either they don't have time or I am suppose to be the only one to call, as no one hardly ever calls me. I get tired of being told when I call that they are too busy to go anywhere or visit, or talk. I say to them call me when your free, as I am most always home. But they don't call. I know the friendship is there but one has to make an effort to make time or you lose friends that are important to you. I am trying to do this.

The other day I invited a good friend to go out for a ride to a local park and camp ground called, Twin Lakes. Some of my church friends were camping out there and I had not been to the park for about 35 years. There is a lake there with a spillway. The lake was built by the Corp of Engineers back in the early years and as a child my family camped at the park. Anyways, there is a nice smooth path around the entire lake now, so those with wheelchairs can enjoy it to and places to sit down and rest. My friend and I, walked around the lake and found my friends after we circled the lake. The campground has grown bigger since I was there last and they even have rest rooms and showers, and handicapped parking sites. We had a good time and it makes me want to get a tent so I can join them on a outing next time they go. I took lots of pictures of the lake and my friends children. It really lifted my spirits and made the day worth the effort. But I did pay for it with pain the next day.

In other news my plants are growing well with all this rain and even some of my corn came up. I was beginning to think the seed was too old to grow. My tomato plants have a few tomatoes started and my lettuce is growing well. Birdwatcher, you could just leave your plants in pots and let them grow that way, making caring for them easier. I have cucumbers growing in pots so I can keep them out of my way if needed.

That's all for today. Hope to write here tomarrow if I don't fall asleep.

Just dropped by to say hello and tell you a bit about my day. I stayed home most of it and got my yard work done. Thank goodness for nice landlords and a riding lawn mower, without them my grass would be shoulder deep by now. I did the front yard a few days ago and today I mowed the backyard. Then I came in the house and rested and ate, and watched a movie and took a nap.

Then around seven o'clock I went out and watered by garden. Now I am soooooo tired and yet have more things to do tonight. I have to make some potato salad for our family reunion. Plus I am making baked beans too. But that is going to be done tomarrow as the house is to hot tonight for baking.

I love taking pictures and my backyard is filled with rabbits, thus the fence around the garden. I have got lucky with getting cute pictures of the bunnies. I also like all kinds of nature pictures and family pictures. Well I am to tired to think so I am moving on for now. Hope to hear from all of you on how your days are going.

I stopped in to say I can noy write tonight as I seem to either be too tired or having an odd spell of double-vision. I can hardly see the keyboard. Have lots to share but my eyes are not seeing well enough to write more tonight. I will be back tomarrow with lots to tell. Bye for now.

This past weekend we had our family reunion out in the country. On the way there we saw a turkey hen with about 15 little chicks running around her. At our camp we saw a big buck walk across the field. On the way home we saw two does and a fawn, that ran across the road. And nearer to home a big black bear loped across the road. We were thrilled with all the wildlife seen in one weekend.
Today I looked out my kitchen window and saw a huge pure black squirrel who lives in a big tree in my backyard. He is so big he could be related to a fox squirrel like they have down south. At first I thought it was a groundhog till I saw his big bushy tail. I hoped to get a picture but he ran away to fast.

We had lots of rain today so it was a good day to relax. I watched two movies and washed my dishes, and ate good food. The rain cooled the temp down and tonight feels wonderful. I am thankful for this because my upstairs gets really hot in the summer.

My garden is looking better all the time. I am hoping to put a small patio in this summer with some used flag stone from a friend. So much to do and so little strength to do it with. I remember years ago doing everything, all projects by myself, but now I need help for everything. How about you do you need help to do chores too?

Please join in here and talk about your day and what you are doing, good or bad, to pass the days or minutes and hours. I will look forward to more of you joining me here. Hope you all had a good day today! :)

Hi
I love reading the posts on here but haven't been around much the last couple months. So much has been going on with the search for my brother and looking after 6 kids. I just wanted to update all after three months my brothers body was found in the bushes close to where he worked in Edmonton on father's day. We still don't know what happened to him or how or when he got there but at least we have been able to bring him home and lay him to rest with his ancestors and not have to worry wether he is cold or hungry or in pain or any of the other million things you worry about. I believe he is up there watching over the little niece who passed while he was missing. His wake and funeral was Tuesday and Wednesday so I was up for the majority of the 2 days at the end of the service we walked in a procession to the cemetery with the native drums and singers following it was beautiful but also over a mile walk each way. Needless to say after the feast part I was done and had to leave had a hard time walking to car and spent all of Thursday in bed and Friday doing nothing my brain barely functioning yesterday I felt a little better so went shopping with hubby dumb me now I am in bed again with legs not wanting to cooperate and still I have this wicked cough doc says chest sounds fine I just wish this cough would go away. Anyways enough complaining it is a beautiful day outside my hubby took kids to church the house is quiet the sun is shining my brother is home my hubby and kids are healthy and happy what more could I ask for. Have a good day everyone.

mystysch123,
Again thank you for letting us all know how your doing. Such a shock could bring on a bad flare so be sure to take it easy for the next few weeks. I hope your heart heals soon.

Today was a beautiful day, although I spend most of it indoors trying to catch up on my need to relax after so much running around and wearing myself out. I helped a good friend by taking her picture today. Then we looked a stuff on the computer about a city in Pa, that had bad flooding this past week. And we sat and talked a bit before she went home. Now it is bedtime for me as well.

So now it's your turn again to add something about your day. Bring it on! :)

It is such a beautiful sunny day hot already it is going to be at least 28 degrees Celsius today so around a hundred or more I am not great at the conversions lol that would require a memory or better functioning brain lol I can't even figure out my cell phone gonna have to get one of my teens to show me lol. I am trying to decide what to feed my 6 kids and hubby today that I don't have to cook. This house turns into a sweat lodge quickly and easy without the provocation of the stove lol. I am tired and Achy my brain a bit scrambled and legs a bit week but no major crash so I will just be moderate in everything I do and try to rest more although sleeping is difficult. I will make it through this in time.

My memory sucks I just read through again before I posted and wanted to respond to something someone said but I can't remember who said it lol. So please don't take offense if I am wrong again on the name. I think it was birdwatcher the comment was about mourning and missing who we used to asking if any of the rest of us felt that way. I just wanted to say yes absolutely almost everyday and especially the last few months with all the ground searches for my brother I couldn't take part in I tried that one day and paid for 3 and so did my kids because I was useless. I miss what I used to be able to do I was a figure skater growing up on the Ice 16 hours a week plus school and chores I was active all day everyday I used to be a firefighter and first aid attendant I loved all kinds of outdoor stuff now it's all I can do to look after my kids and garden or take a walk around the block. I had 98 as a final grade in English 12 just 7 years ago and now somedays it is all I can do to string thoughts together and have them come out right. So yes I miss the old me and get angry and frustrated sometimes. But most of the time I am learning to look for the small joys and keep things in perspective there are still lots of things I can do and others I can modify so I can do them. I have learned to recognize when I am approaching my limitations and rest and I try to accept the things I can't do anymore. I have 2 key prayers or sayings that help me when I am struggling the first is the poem footprints I have a large copy of it hanging on my wall. The other is the serenity prayer which I can never remember word for anymore but the gist works "god grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference". It's probably not exactly right my memory is one of those things I need serenity for lol. I guess looking at things positively makes a huge difference to my frame of mind and in turn my health so I try to concentrate on what I can do and the joys I still have like my kids and my hubby.

My garden is growing like crazy in this hot weather I only have a small spot at the duplex we rent so just a couple rows of potatoes and a couple of carrots and a planter of chives. But that is probably all I could handle and it is so nice to have after years of not having any garden. So I am enjoying it. Some of my potatoes are almost knee high they have grown so fast these last couple of weeks with warm temperatures and rain everyday. I have to do some weeding soon those are growing too lol. Time to go get my kids lunch wonder what I can make that they eat that requires no cooking lol.

I stopped in to say I can noy write tonight as I seem to either be too tired or having an odd spell of double-vision. I can hardly see the keyboard. Have lots to share but my eyes are not seeing well enough to write more tonight. I will be back tomarrow with lots to tell. Bye for now.

I sure understand "double vision days". I have been battling with my glasses for years. I finally gave up and excepted that is was FM. Then I was diagnosed hypoglycemic a couple months ago. That sure explained a lot! I did also get a new pair of glasses which didn't hurt. I am still learning how to better control my sugar issues but I'm enjoying being able to see the world again especially my lovely little birds.:smile:

mystysch123 My love and prayers are with you and your family. I lost my father a few months ago. Even though he was 90 and ready to move on it's still hard. I have a renewed appreciation for my family since his passing. Considering where I've come from through my life it is a true miracle God has blessed me with a loving, supportive family.

mystysch123, Thanks for sharing some more and I am happy to hear your garden is doing well, and about the prayers and poems that are helping you cope with your life. I love poems, as well as, music. I think it calms our hurts and eases the pain in our hearts in listening and saying the things that give us hope. Please keep coming back and sharing your thoughts.

Birdwatcher, Gosh, I thought you had left us, but I was so happy to see your post here. My double-vision is there all the time, but no reason for it other than fibro. I think I was just overly tired and it was really hot in the room where my computer is, and that was enough to make the keys blurry and I knew I had to quit trying to type.

Today was hot. Up in the high eighties and humid. I ran some errands and got my lawn mowed just in time because it rained later on. I weeded my flower bed and garden. Picked some fresh lettuce and spinch. And then came in and made a sandiwich and watch a movie. So I am very tired again and was late getting here on Wed night, oh look at the time it is Thursday morning. lol
I hope everyone here has a nice 4th of July weekend. I think we are suppose to get more rain. At least the rain cools things off for a little while and makes the garden grow. See you later on....:)

ok- my turn to catch up
Had a quick scan through what everyone else is up to, nice to see a few more names in here.
some sad tales and I am truly sorry for those, Im really bad at what to say so really, sorry.
as for mourning what we once was, I was a very fit active "man job" type of person and I hate relying on others to do what i used to do and in my opinion better than they can do. now i just have to put up with what I get. so yes i have grieved but now try not to dwell and do what I can and become a slightly different person. If you allow yourself to keep mourning the loss of who you were you end up spiraling down that deep pit of depression, and if like me, you already have enough trouble with that, so you have to re-invent yourself to do other things. it helps a bit.

saying that i have been so busy these last few weeks, flares and all.
I almost finished redecorating my guest room but kept getting pulled away from it coz Hubby is building the shed. He has had no help from friends (even though he is the sort who is first in line to help our so-called friends when they need it) so all he has is silly old me. but i managed when needed. the only problem is, because when things need doing I dont give in to my pains and just get the job done, even though i really shouldn't (but who else is going to do it) and because i DO do it he thinks i CAN do it. and expects me to do all the time. I had to explain to him that when I force myself to do it one day it usually means i can do almost nothing, even the simplest tasks the next.
so I have been up and down like a yoyo, fit and flare as i like to call it. and like you sweeds, i've been getting myself into such a tizzy even my eyes refuse to focus. hence why i have been on here very little of late. as it is im doing a sneaky writing all this at work coz i just know i'll be too tires later, and typing on my tablet is a real pain in the behind.
So i will try and pop in more often and see what you are all doing

twiztc, WOW!
Was I happy when I signed in and your name popped up. I rushed right in to read what you have written and am glad to hear your doing well, even if you are wearing yourself out. I do of late have been trying to hard and paying for it the next day. But like you say, you know how to do the task, so you push yourself to do it, knowing full well the next day you will suffer in pain for doing it. Me Too!

I have been trying to weed my flower beds that were taken over by a creeping vine that keeps everything under it soaking wet. I have tried pulling it out but it continues to grow back. So every chance I get I rip more of it out. It had over taken my glads and they were close to rotting. But little by little I am winning the battle.

And of course I am taking care of mom and trying to take care of me. I was in such a spin last week that I was forgetting to eat and having trouble sleeping. But this week things have slowed down and I am feeling much better. Hopefully I will get more writing done, and do my best at every other chore I have got to do. See you all here again soon. Everyone you are welcome to post here. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back