Status
Not open for further replies.
Physically this has been a good day so far. I slept in a little today because I did not have to go to work. I got my son up for school and we talked for a litttle while. I fell back asleep until my big black lab woke me up to go outside. So I started my day, and relatively pain free. Only bad part is is we do not have hot water. I think the pilot light may be out in the hot water tank. So time to call the landlord. Other then that it is going good so far.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Eeek - and this is NOT the time of year (for most people) to have no hot water! I can appreciate a cool shower when it's 100+ out and the water's been semi-warmed in the pipes, but *brrr* Hope it gets fixed soon!

Having a good day here. I bought a Swiffer 360 and am LOVING that I can extend the handle way out and alter the angle on the head. I zipped through my livingroom in probably 5 minutes. It usually takes me at least 15! There's just one book case, a side table, and the tv-stand and in the past I've had to get down on the floor to get the bottom shelves on all 3 pieces of furniture. I just wish the disposable heads were more eco friendly, but not so much that I'm willing to buy something that has to get tossed in the wash with my clothes!

I'm paying for my exuberance yesterday. Feelinv stiff as I gotup for work. Had a busy day which kept my mind off it. Once home I got straight into my jammies and promtly fell asleep. The bad thing I was face down. About half hour later I had a bad back twitch spasm thingy which woke me up with a jolt, all my back cramped and I was stuck. Every time I tried to get my arms or legs under me to get up I had screaming pain. I shouted for hubby, I was buggered and really needed his help. I was crying in pain and lauging at the same time at the ridiculousness of it all. Even with hubby's help it was a tricky operation. I didn't dare sit down for a while for fear of being stuck again. The intense pain has subsided leaving just some tingle and soreness. I think I'll just take it easy and hope bedtime isn't as eventful.

Oh goodness, twiztc! I'm glad you could at least laugh a little. That doesn't sound in the least bit pleasant!

Good Day To You All!

Thanks to all of you for sharing about your day.
SulaBlue, take it easy girl or you will be out sitting in the streets to tired to walk. lol And Libragirl, I hope you got your hot water back, that can be rough in cold weather. Twiztc, what can I say ,lol, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I have been there and know how bad it hurts.

Today, I started out being lazy by sleeping in. Then I started doing my writing figuring I would go up town this afternoon and just do some work then lay around a bit and watch a movie. That ended when I looked out the window and saw it was snowing. The snow continued to come down faster and faster, as I dashed off to town to the bank. The snow was sticking to the windshield and freezing there. I was using my wipers and had the heater with fan going full blast trying to keep the snow off outside and the fog off inside.

I got to the bank and then headed for my mom's house, and then home again. Am sure glad to have a garage as the old wind was howling and blowing very cold air. We ended up having blizzard like conditions and snow everywhere. I can feel the wind hitting the house tonight and it is cold. But I am nice and warm.

I made a simple noodle mix with muchroom soup and veggies for my supper and a nice tossed salad. Had coffee and sherbert for dessert. I plan to watch a good movie tonight and relax before bedtime. Then get up tomarrow and do all this over again.
It will be nice when winter is gone and I can do more walking and leave all these heavy boots and coats, extra sweaters and longjohns at home.

Well it has been nice sharing with you all. So I guess I will get going and talk with you again tomarrow. wishing you all good days and pleasent dreams and no aching joints or muscles. Bye for now.... :)

Thanks Sweeds
it was snowing again here too. I'm fed up with getting dressed in so many layers. It takes me so long to get dressed in the mornings. I want to wear my pretty dresses again

Hello everyone, today has been an interesting day. We have no hot water again. This would be day two with no hot water. My landlord did send someone out to check it. He informed us we needed a new hot water tank and it would be a few days. The good news is the landlord has to cover the cost. The bad news is we go two more days with no hot water. We have been heating water up on the stove and going back to basics. So when we finally do get hot water again we will appreciate it all the more. Luckily I have had the last two days off of work and that definetly helps lessen the pain in my legs and back. So there are some really good things going on too.

Good Day To You All!

Well Libragirl, just pretend your camping. That way you will have fun heating water. lol. and twiztc, ya, dresses and no boots or heavy coats. I am looking foward to spring as well.

Today, I spent the whole day on the computer on the computer. I had some really long posts to make and so I sat and typed and typed some more. Not much to do outside as it was snowing again and the roads were like sheets of ice. Took time out to watch a movie and make a few phone calls and eat.

Not that I ate anything really healthy today, but a girls got to enjoy a few no no treats once in a while. I made a thick chocolate milk shake with almond milk and chocolate syrup and vanilla ice cream. Had a sandiwich or two, and a salad and some fresh blackberries with milk and sugar. They were some I picked last summer and had in my freezer. Yum!

Do you all like Spring or Summer, Fall, or Winter, best? For me I love springtime, cause I know winter is over, but I like summer cause it's warm and I can get out more, and I love fall when the leaves are turning colors and winter is okay if I don't have to go out much. When I was in Florida, I missed the changing of the seasons a lot cause everything was either green or brown. What do you think? What is weather like where you live?

I guess I am done rambling for tonight. There is always tomarrow to add something more exciting then me eating blackberries. lol Hope you all have a good day and see you on the flip side.... Bye for now. :)

Apart from my back still being a bit sore and some weird crampy thing going on in my left hand I had a pretty good day. The weather is a pisser. Was above freezing here this morning and snowy/slushy stuff by lunchtime it was getting pretty slick so I attacked the path at work with the snow shovel before it got really frozen and dumped a load of salt out. I didn't want to be slipping on ice coming out later as there was no way I could handle another back episode after yesterday.
Lots of training at work today so I must be at least 2% more smart now lol.
Sweedy can you guess my favorite time of year?

Goodnight friends may tomorrow bring you joy

1sweed - Sounds like a great lazy day! I slept most of the day after not having been able to get to sleep the night before until 6am on Tuesday. I woke up long enough to get some doctor stuff sorted ut with my x-rays that I'm getting done today and then zonked again. I woke just in time to fix dinner around 5pm and then by 10:30 I was out again. I slept really fitfully though, I just couldn't get comfy! I ended up getting up around 2 am to use the bathroom and so checked my blood sugar and found it to be 78. That's not a low, but it's lower than I feel comfortable going back to bed with so I just gave up and got up.

twiztc - Quite the opposite there! Sounds like you had quite the busy day. When I was working I always did like training. It was nice to break up the monotony of the day to day. Hopefully it was interesting!

Today I'm up way, way earlier than I'd prefer to be, as noted. I go in later this afternoon for x-rays. I have to schedule for a cab that can accomodate my walker. It'll be my first time ever taking a cab! My husband will be picking me up when I'm done, so hopefully our schedules mesh. I'm going in around 3, as the tech said to allow about an hour for the x-rays to be done. No telling if I'll have to wait as it's a walk-in type setup, though they are expecting me, I guess.

My RA wanted more bloodwork before my appointment on Friday. I told her that I couldn't come in, but I also just realized that there's a LabCorp office right in the building I'm going to be in for my X-rays, so I guess I should call and tell her to call the order in and I'll get that done.

This thread seems quite interesting. How am I feeling today...good question. I wake up every day in the same pain all over, today I feel rested so I must of had a good nights sleep. I have pain all over, some days it is worse in some places than others. I think my upper back is the most painful today. My husband and I are foster parents and we took in a foster child last week. She is 17 years old and I really like her and have been enjoying having her in our home. She is still in high school and will not graduate until June of 2014. She is real chatty, seems like she has had a troubled past and been moved around a lot. She told the caseworker she wants a new start when she came to our home. I hope things work out but as a foster parent I know that at first these children put on a good impression....so we will just have to wait and see how it goes. I took her to church with me on Sunday and she enjoyed going. She got a letter from the church yesterday telling her they are happy she visited and to come back. She took the letter to her bedroom and taped it on the wall...lol. Bless her, I am hoping she will go with me again, it is nice having a teenager in our home.

Good Day To You All!
twiztc, Summer is your favorite time of year. Am I right? :)
SulaBlue, Hope your X-Rays and bloodwork turn out good!
Indianagirl, Welcome. Glad you decided to join in. Keep posting!

My day was pretty interesting. I did some writing and watched the movies, Legally Blond I & II. when I need cheered up I also watch funny, serious or goofy movies. then I made a good lunch of a big salad with yummy ingredients, and had some more blackberries and some rasberry sherbet. And a cup of coffee.

Then I walked up to my mom's and cleared the snow off her back porch and visited awhile before coming home again. This evening I went to our church's womens Bible Study. We are studying "Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World," by Joanna Weaver. It is a very interesting book and we always have a good time when we get together.

Now I am back home writing this all down for you, while planning in my head what I will do tomarrow. Sounds like a woman right? We always have about fifty thousand things on our minds all at the same time. lol I need to drop that number to 1 thing at a time. I will just be slow and simple and get one thing done at a time. Yeah! right.

By the way Indianagirl, I hope that foster child knows how very lucky she is to have you & your husband, in her life. Best of luck to you all.

Bye for now. See you all tommarrow! :)

Well, I didn't get lab work done. My insurance doesn't contract with the lab in the building I was in, so I'll get blood drawn on Friday.

I'm not sure where in the world I came up with "14 x-rays" (brain fog?) It was 3-views of EACH hand, wrist, foot, and ankle. That's 24 x-rays right there! Then they did 4 for lumbar spine. Two x-rays had to be redone because I breathed or whatever. It was a mostly painless process. There was a very, very short wait time at the office and I was in and out in an hour. Yay!

That meant my husband had to leave work earlier than planned and I had to sit out front and wait for him but it was a gorgeous day and I just called my mom while sitting in the shade and enjoying the breeze. After that, since we were early we went to the grocery store. It's a small store and I knew what I wanted (just 3 items that were going off sale today), so I walked the store instead of using the cart. This past weekend I used the cart because I'd had such a busy day before.

We came home, had dinner, and I promptly went to bed since I'd woken up at 2:30 am! ZONK. I was out!

Good Day To You All!

Well SulaBlue, I am glad you have insurance to pay for 24 + x-rays. Whew! That should show if anything else is going on. Now you have before pictures for anything, incase you break something. lol Hope you find out something worthwhile.

Today I was very lazy in the morning. I woke up at 10:30am. I never sleep that late. Anyways, I got going and went shopping for mother and I, then came home to rest and eat, then back outside to put garbage can out. Then back insde and watched another movie, and had supper.

Then I got this wild idea to do some research about enviromental stuff in my ole Florida, and followed link after link, going to different sites to read interesting news. Then I noticed the time. Suddenly I was in a panic trying to get my work done so I could come and chat with all of you.

Hope to have more time tommarrow to relax. Shopping days are hard because of having to haul bags of food, up and down stairs and then trying to figure where to put them away. Thinking of making a homemade soup tomarrow with a hambone I have, adding some carrots and potatoes, celery and green beans, and making some dumplings to go with it. Yum! Are you hungry yet?

what is your favorite meal to make? And your favorite dessert? Tell me here, we all want to know. Bye for Now.....:)

My insurance is "sorta" paying for it. I haven't met my deductible yet, so I have to pay the contract rate which was ging to work out to $375 before the lumbar spine x-rays got added in, which I figure will be at least another $25. I was quoted $700 for everything but the lumbar spine, but I think that she didn't realize that it was bi-lateral at the time the quote was given. Even if it is, that's a significant savings!

I had a sleepy day, too, after waking up at midnight. By 10 am I was back in bed and slept until 4pm.

Tonight though I decided to go to the pool. Not sure what I was thinking! For one, the walk there and back kinda took it out of me. Secondly, even though it's been in the 80s, and even up to 90 one day lately, that water was COLD!

I think my favorite meal to make is steak and asparagus, which is what we had tonight, cooked on the George Foreman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back