Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/1991
Country
US
State
FL
This is my first post. I just have to tell someone how to get better. I was diagnosed back in 1991, when the term was relatively new. I managed to limp through work using FMLA until 2000 til I was almost ready to die.(2 of those years I was on leave for clinical depression) I did not start getting much better until It dawned on me that all the pills I had been taking all this time would never make me better. The things that had given me some relief no longer worked. I decided to try a more natural approach. These things I figured out over the last 4 years.
My first act of self healing was to start a water excercise class. I was clinically depressed at the time so you know it was hard. It took me 2 hours or more just to get ready back then. In spite of fearing more pain, the movement in the water is much easier than on land. The massaging feel of the water helps to. The body does need to move. It does make the rest of your body feel great. U r not all Fibro. Also eventual socializing and getting out of the house helped the depression too, nothing was overnight. I was fortunate to find an all women's gym with a pool. I was 65 when I started. If my thinking had not been so full of pain I may have figured this out sooner, but I keep hoping the Doctors would fix me.
Next I began using supplements and backing off some of my prescriptions.
As I have never done a forum I don't know how much more I can put here but I am full of the need to pass on what I have learned trial and error. I know now the doctors don't really have the answers. How do I continue this thread??

I am new so I don't know how to continue the thread but I am very interested in hearing you out and your suggestions...

I was taken off anti inflammatorys because I had been on them so many many years. Workers comp will only allow the cream voltran suddenly. I was back to my original pain levels plus I could also feel arthritus I had not been aware of, that had creepped up on me. (Getting old is a mother) The worst was in my hands and hips. I started curcumin 1000 mg. daily and soon added boswellia 450mg daily.
There was improvement but not enough. When I added Co Q 10 200mg daily and MSM 2,000 mg per day, my fibro pain quieted almost totally. It is amazing. I can think again because the pain is not screaming at me. You have to drink lots of water all day every day to flush out he inflammation along with the supplements and the excercise. The lack of movement because of the fear of causing more pain keeps us still. Our bodies natural systems slow down and stop when we are still. Just like an old person sitting all day, day after day. I am better. I am not healed. I still have to rest between tasks But I Can Do Tasks Now. The MSM and CoQ10 are fairly recent so I have to see how much more I can do. The arthritus is much better too. Most days I am not aware of it.

You should go to a water class to learn the correct way to move. You start slow. You may need a pain pill to go. I did at first. But go. We have a pool but I was to scared to get in it before. Afraid of hurting myself more. I still go to class because now I enjoy to ladies there. We get in the hot tub after class. Sometimes go to lunch together. Also the instructor works you harder than you would on your own. You think you can't do it but you can. Now that my pool is warm I can excercise more often. I am stronger than I have been in a long long time. From this experience, I have learned to keep moving. Find a way to keep moving. No matter your age. Your body locks up if you stop moving and makes everything worse. If it is just walking thru the water and moving your arms. Get started. (You weight 1/6th of your normal weight when you are in water. That makes it easier to move. You are not feeling your full weight. Later you can use
the water for resistance)

PS I also have a teeter hangup. Flipping upside down twice a day for 10 or 15 min rids you of lots of inflammation but it comes back the next day. It really helps the deep soreness though, especially around your entire rib cage and under your arms. You expect shoulders and back relief but the other was a great surprise. I have not been on it since taking the MSM.
I hope this helps someone. Experiment with the dosages. This is what is working for me. I have been fighting for my life. I realized I had to save myself.
May God Bless You All

I am open to trying anything. what all do you recommend I start? I get stiff and achy but I don't want to get any worse. I have a pool here at home I can get in. is there youtube videos or anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back