Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
Two weeks into my Cymbalta taper with Zoloft replacement and I'm wondering why I ever began this drug in the first place. Yes, it did help some with pain but I've got to wonder what price I paid for that. Headaches, brain zaps, nausea, anxiety, pain, GI dysfunction, and a whacked out sleep rhythm everyday right now. One more week at this level and hoping the symptoms subside enough to keep moving forward. I've a feeling the next few months are going to be miserable. Any pointers from folks who have survived withdrawal would be so gratefully welcomed.

Hi loftpat...i have recently gone more or less cold turkey to get off of valium/diazepam taking just the odd one when i am desperate for sleep. Like you i get brain zaps RLS agitation....after a couple of week the restlessness fidgets all over THAT keep me wide awake they have subsided some nights and no brain zaps at the moment but i know it will take longer for my body to adjust.

Hang in there and i hope it doesn't take months for the withdrawls to subside.

Hi loftpat...i have recently gone more or less cold turkey to get off of valium/diazepam taking just the odd one when i am desperate for sleep. Like you i get brain zaps RLS agitation....after a couple of week the restlessness fidgets all over THAT keep me wide awake they have subsided some nights and no brain zaps at the moment but i know it will take longer for my body to adjust.

Hang in there and i hope it doesn't take months for the withdrawls to subside.

Thanks, Willow.

Oh god I tired to come off tramadol and omg.RLS was a night mare.sweats one min hot the next.
But without them I'm so stiff I can't walk .all u can do is do it slowly if it's to fast u will feel really ill.
I'm only on 4 a day but I'd have to drop a pill a week .so don't rush this x

After I suffered thru my cymbalta withdrawal I read on the internet that some actually pulled the capsules apart and reduced the little dots in some manner. Don't beat yourself over this. You tried because it had the potential to help you. It wasn't for you...so onward. You have learned something in the process. Unfortunately trial an error seems to be pretty common for us. We have hope so we keep trying. Lots of water to flush your system. Maybe a good probiotic could bring relief for gi issues.

After I suffered thru my cymbalta withdrawal I read on the internet that some actually pulled the capsules apart and reduced the little dots in some manner. Don't beat yourself over this. You tried because it had the potential to help you. It wasn't for you...so onward. You have learned something in the process. Unfortunately trial an error seems to be pretty common for us. We have hope so we keep trying. Lots of water to flush your system. Maybe a good probiotic could bring relief for gi issues.

I'm doing the capsule thing now. Dropping my dose in half was crazy. Still struggling, but looking forward to clearing this from my body. I'm never without a glass of water or my water bottle. Thanks for the words of encouragement.

Lots of sleep ( warm blankets in a cool room) and liquids, and if in a legal state, medical marijuana, it helped my get off cymbalta, lyrica, xanax, norco, soma, flexeril...just to name a few. The xanax was the worst with RLS for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back