Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
None
I am so tired of sitting around feeling sorry for myself and would like to do something useful. I thought about trying to volunteer at my local animal shelter or hospital but with my physical limitations I don't know that anyone would accept me. I can walk but only for short periods of time. I can't lift much weight at all without causing pain. It is hard for me to get up and get motivated so I would probably have to do an afternoon shift. Anybody else do volunteer work? If so do you find that it helps take your mind off of things? I have been severely depressed for several months and so badly want to "snap out of it". Any advice would be appreciated.

Well reading your post reminded me of something my mum and dad used to do. The Dr referred them to a gardening centre for ppl with depression.as my mum can't move far she did a lot of potting plants sitting down.
Maybe ask your Dr or even go online and see what u can find to do that's not hard work .i used to work in a animal centre and it's very demanding.
But u could be a foster mummy to cats or dogs waiting for a home ,some dogs or cats are to old to stay I a kennel. I think it's a worth well job u can do without leaving your home xx hope that helps

Check out workersonboard, do a web search. They have lots of places that need help. You might consider talking to the visiting nurses at your local hospital that visit home bound people. Maybe you could offer to sit and visit with an older person so that their family caregiver could have some free time to shop or rest. Most people will pay $8 to $10 a hour for this service. You would be a caregiver too, but with limited requirements. This can be fun and rewarding.

You could volunteer at your local nursing home or at the library, or at the school. Every choice would be with your limitations noted, and could brighten your spirits. I help by doing care giving and find it to be uplifting and fun. :)

I work as volunteer with cats and dogs,it is really very joyful process. All work that brings you feeling of love is very important for us. We realize that can feel not only pain but happiness also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back