Hair loss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it was just temporary. It seem to have slowed down again to more normal levels. I have also notice where the hair was coming out the most it's been replaced by lots of. Lovely silver fizzly bits. So pretty. Thank you for all the advice. If it happens again too much I will try some of them. Oh I did do the stimulating thing. I earned a shower brush when I shampoo my hair and really give the scalp a good massage. Feels nice and I think it's helping greatly.

I've noticed that my own hair has stopped falling out as much lately. I, too, have whole patches of "short fuzzies" - and yeah, it's coming back in grey. Ah... off to the box of Ultra Red. Not like there's any dress code here at home saying I can't have a fun, unnatural hair color!

I have to say, that I was Dx with Chronic Fatigue and Fibro in the late 1990's. It's all but gone now. But what I do have, is the thinned hair from the top of my head. I wear bangs, and comb from the back to make my bangs look thicker. But yes. Sorry to say I did get the thinning hair from Fibro/CFS. The one thing I never tried, was to give myself some high doses of biotin. I have read on some boards that this works for them. I have not tried it yet. I really am not concerned though. I did thin out, but it's ok.

Fibro and CFS are very odd diseases, I don't think anyone will understand them to the fullest extent for a long time. I will always personally believe that it is some kind of response to all the chemicals in our world. I always think it is out bodies and their reaction to man made chemicals/cleaning solutions, etc.

I didn't know that biotin was supposed to help with thinning hair. I've taken it off and on because I take Alpha-Lipoic Acid to help protect against diabetic neuropathy and the ALA can, supposedly, reduce one's absorption of biotin from other sources. Now I'm kinda wondering if my bouts of hair loss have to do with me having stopped taking the biotin. Hmmm. I re-started my ALA and Biotin last month, but I think my hair actually stopped falling out as much back in December after I'd been on my Wellbutrin for awhile. I've been using it for years, though, and can't say as that my hair's gotten any thicker, really.

I have hair loss, but didn't know that fibro could do that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back