Do you feel like you have a cold, sore throat, slight fever with fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patsy

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2012
Country
CA
State
AB
Hi...I am just looking for answers regarding these other symptoms that do not go away. Yes I have the aching all over, ribs hurt, hurts to breathe deep but I am worried these other flu like symptoms could be something else. Is it normal to have flu like symptoms?

Best wishes to all!

Hi Patsy,
Yeah I too have my on and off fevers and mild cold going on most times. I don't know if it's connected. I am yet to be diagnosed. I really suspect I do have Fibro. This fatigue and the body aches has really taken over my life. Wishing you and everyone else relief!

I haven't been diagnosed as of yet (suspected Fibro) but I too get flu like symptoms; fever, achy, chills, sometimes a sore throat. Even my skin hurts!

Flu like symptoms can certainly come with FMS. I have had a lot of friends say that these symptoms are a part of their FMS. I think they can also come with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.

Sometimes, I have a stuffy nose because of allergies. I have two other auto-immune diseases. I have sore throat type symptoms because I talk for a living.
My internist told me that my fever is another symptom. He called it low grade fever. I am always hot or over-heated all day long. However, my feet or toes are always cooler than the rest of my body.

Last edited:
I have been reading a lot, since I am in the process of a diagnosis, and Fibro presents with a lot of symptoms that overlap other syndromes. I am going to assume that since you have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia that you have been tested for chronic Lyme disease and Lupus. Fibromyalgia can definitely cause Malise or a general feeling of being unwell. I haven't noticed that I have a fever any more often then I have in the past prior to when my symptoms first emerged.

When it hurts to breathe, costochondritis is likely, and is a relatively common co-morbid diagnosis. However, when it hurts to breath, you definitely want to talk to your Doctor about getting an ANA to check for lupus (It is called the "great imitator" for a reason, but I would rather be safe then sorry)

Hi Patsy,
Yeah I too have my on and off fevers and mild cold going on most times. I don't know if it's connected. I am yet to be diagnosed. I really suspect I do have Fibro. This fatigue and the body aches has really taken over my life. Wishing you and everyone else relief!

Thank you for replying... I feel for you...hang in there...and see the other answers below that suggest getting tested for lupus and lyme disease...Hugs!

Thank you all for your information, words of support and suggestions. It is good to know that some of these symptoms are 'normal' for the condition. It helps the anxiety for sure...now to develop the coping skills! Best wishes to all!

I constantly have fever sores, the feeling i am catching something also. But I really don't know if some of these symptoms are
due to having Crohns or maybe some of the meds for both conditions. Does anyone else with fibro have cold sores?

This is certainly something that you could feel with your condition, however there is also the chance that you are developing something else, so you should keep an eye on your symptoms for a little while and make sure that you are getting plenty of rest. Perhaps see your doctor if these specific symptoms don't improve, as you could ind that you have an allergy or something along those lines, and that could be easily treated, leaving you symptom free.

Hi...I am just looking for answers regarding these other symptoms that do not go away. Yes I have the aching all over, ribs hurt, hurts to breathe deep but I am worried these other flu like symptoms could be something else. Is it normal to have flu like symptoms?

Best wishes to all!

Nope, not normal. Pain when you breathe in the ribs area could be caused by something internal. Like swelling of the pleura. I'd get that checked if I were you... Maybe you have some sort infection, hence the pain when you breathe and the flu like symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back