When other fibromyalgia person being rude to others, Do to fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tipnatee N

Very helpful member
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
A close friend of mine experienced rudenessly push and shoved out of the way in the water aerobics class by another lady who yelled " move away you are in my spot!!" That push hurt her quite a bit cause she have very bad knee problem with arthritis ( luckily it was in the water so the knee twisted wasn't so bad but still hurt) . Afterward the lady came to her and say " sorry about that, I have fibromyalgia and ther condition I have to be on that spot only". After she came home and told me that story.. I can understand her frustration cause she already know very well about my fibromyalgia ( I'm living with her for a few months now). The only thing that came out of my mouth was " I guess there's no way that anybody could ever understand that first push! , but I'm glad at least she apologized " . I've been living with fibromyalgia and other conditions more than 5 years after being diagnosed ( and not sure how long before that). I have never been aggressive toward anyone physically before simply because I don't have any energy to spare nor any physical strength to even give to do such thing. So I can't really say that's believe what that lady claims 100% do to the amount of strength she used and show from what my friend had told me ( she sounds like she had lots of energy to burn) Therefore I feel oddly uneasy about the situation. I don't mind making excuse for other fibromyalgia person but I'm not so sure anymore if this is right . What do you think? :-?

I think it all comes down to the fact that there are rude people and there are kind/thoughtful people. But we also all might have somewhat rude moments and very kind moments - especially living with our chronic illness. It is best not to dwell on it too much, to be honest, we all have a bad day, we probably have all been rude to someone without even being aware of it. It is great that this person apologized. The fact that she happens to have fibromyalgia would not make a difference for me. It would be unfair on the person to question her fibromyalgia since we know nothing about her.

Even without an apology, I am trying to move on from such incidents in my life. I have always been very sensitive to people's reactions, so a rude person could easily ruin my whole day (or even week), but now I am just trying to reason and not give rudeness the upper hand. My go-to line to rude people is 'oh well..Merry Christmas to you too'. It completely throws people off when you say that, and is quite funny to see their reaction.

That person was a rude insensitive jackass who was using fibromyalgia (whether she actually has it or not) as a cop out for her bad behavior. Disgusting.

Even without an apology, I am trying to move on from such incidents in my life. I have always been very sensitive to people's reactions, so a rude person could easily ruin my whole day (or even week), but now I am just trying to reason and not give rudeness the upper hand. My go-to line to rude people is 'oh well..Merry Christmas to you too'. It completely throws people off when you say that, and is quite funny to see their reaction.

I'm with you on that, but I guess in the back of mine mind lingering question. Cause even the worse case scenario of anger or at the peak of the pains with fibromyalgia it is very hard to be physically aggressive toward anyone simply because it's such a pain to do so right? I have panic attack disorder, so I know that I can get extremely freaking out at the time, but still even at the fight-or-flight situation about to go all he'll break loose on me all I kept saying are excuse me and sorry. I can easily be a jerk verbally but all the muscle in my body feels so weak and shaking just dragging my self to get something to ease the panic is tough enough just to holding my self through I don't have enough energy to be a jerk to anyone else. I can't imagine any fibromyalgia person have that kind of energy unless there's some crazy drugs involved.

That person was a rude insensitive jackass who was using fibromyalgia (whether she actually has it or not) as a cop out for her bad behavior. Disgusting.

The devil on my shoulder agree with you on that .

I can easily be a jerk verbally but all the muscle in my body feels so weak and shaking just dragging my self to get something to ease the panic is tough enough just to holding my self through I don't have enough energy to be a jerk to anyone else. I can't imagine any fibromyalgia person have that kind of energy unless there's some crazy drugs involved.

I totally agree with you on this one. Even lifting an arm to pick up anything becomes a chore on a bad day. I probably would fall over trying to push someone over, and just stay down on the floor to rest!

I could try to lean on them with the the most violence expression on my face... however, I think I would came out more like a facial spasm :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back