Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
So I've had weeks and weeks of severe hip that had been keeping me awake at night. I'd gotten it somewhat under control with a combination of TENS heat stretching and muscle rub (a very long bedtime routine), but it was still a daily problem. Then I got a bad chest cold, complete with that all-over-my-skin-hurts feeling. As soon as the cold got really bad and uncomfortable, my hip pain magically disappeared. It's like the brain has to send pain signals somewhere and as soon as something new hurts it can let up on the old spot. It reminds me of an old pattern I used to go through, where I'd have a crushing migraine for weeks, and just when I thought I couldn't take it anymore, it would lift and I'd think, thank goodness, only for the pain to start in my back. I'd have that for a few weeks and then it would switch back ot my head. Crazy making!!!!!

Oh gosh I know how that feels and of course everybody here too I bet. I often have lost in balance accidents do to my sudden vertigo or my floor suddenly looks like I was walking in the fun house. So when I crashed either to the wall , door, or anything else on the side or floor . Even without any injury since I had lots of fallen practicing, my pains or any previous symptom often relocate it self almost immediately, and without any warning sometime it can make it very hard to get up when I'm already down. Kinda like someone had kicked me down the basement stairs and locked the door behind me. Then when I try to break the door open with my whole body , someone opening the door at that exact moment which I'm ending up launching my self out straight from the basement door out full speed to the fire place in the other end of the room face first. What a lovely day isn't it?

I know what you mean Marvis. My pain moves constantly, sometimes a new pain can last hours or other times it can stick around for weeks, there's no rhyme or reason to it! Yesterday I had a really painful right wrist which resolved overnight only to be replaced with an excruciating pain in my left elbow, if I move it I get a really bad electric shock pain that makes me want to swear every time lol. The only small mercy is that it's my left arm & I'm right handed. Fibro is so unpredictable, there's no telling what part of your body it will target next.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back