DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
AU
State
Victoria
Hello everyone,

My name is Eliza and I'm 22 years old. I was diagnosed with Fibro at 18 and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome at 21, so I'm still new to it I guess you could say and trying to figure out what works best for me.

Lately I've been struggling with medications and I'm on Topamax at the moment, so of course I was hunting on the Internet to find if other people were having the same side effects as me, and if people were on Topamax for Fibro pain, and not a lot of people are, so I don't know if it's a new thing or not.

I hope everyone is having a somewhat good day, and make sure you have had your nap today as well. :wink:

Hi Eliza! I've been struggling with fibro for about 6 years or so and I'm not taking Topamax right now, but I did take it for chronic migraines years ago and it was fantastic but it does have some weird side effects. Pop tasted really weird, I couldn't handle being too hot, after I took a dose, I could actually feel it in my mouth several minutes later. It affected my memory too. It was a miracle for me as far as the migraines, I had suffered so many years with all that pain in my head. And the side effects faded the longer I took the pill. I never thought of taking them for my fibro but it makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back