Not open for further replies.

vida_llevares

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
PHL
State
Central Visayas
For people with fibromyalgia, what can they do to help themselves?

There are plenty of things that they can do for themselves. Meditation is one of those things. This is something that nobody else can do for them. Meditating can provide some relief, or so I have been told. Prayer is also good for those who are religious. Keeping the mind busy can also help to keep the mind off of other things, especially the pain associated with fibromyalgia. These are just a few that I could think of off of the top of my head. :)

There are plenty of things that they can do for themselves. Meditation is one of those things. This is something that nobody else can do for them. Meditating can provide some relief, or so I have been told. Prayer is also good for those who are religious. Keeping the mind busy can also help to keep the mind off of other things, especially the pain associated with fibromyalgia. These are just a few that I could think of off of the top of my head. :)

Being a religious man myself, I would absolutely agree with prayer. I think it's also important to have a support network around you of people that you can rely on and depend on when you need them

One of the best ways I've found to mitigate fibromyalgia symptoms is to excercise. I know it sounds crazy, but it's really helped. Even if I'm in dire straights, having shooting pains, if I can drag myself to the gym and have a good work out it always makes me feel better. Since getting on a routine I've noticed that the occurrence and severity of my pain has decreased. I do pain-tracking to keep track of things, diet, excercise, etc, anything that could worsen or lessen my symptoms. You can read more about pain tracking here: What is Paintracking? | Fibromyalgia Support Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back