DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
UK
State
Suffolk
Hello everyone

I've been in so much distress and agony mainly with my neck and shoulders, I usually use a lavender wheat bag that I heat up in the microwave and throw over my shoulders, which I find really helpful. Then when having a browse I came across an article about physiotherapy and hiring a Tens Machine.

I did a bit of exploring and found one on the internet, not an expensive one it was only £15 but had such good reviews I thought I'd give it a go then if it's no good for me I haven't lost a lot of money.

I tried it today for 30 minutes, it's given me so much relief it's unbelievable - can even move about (if up to it) when using it as it's small enough to put in a pocket & got a little clip thing to put on waistband. It's the best £15 I've spent in a long time.

Grace x

Hi Grace,
I've heard of a Tens Machine before but have never used one. I did a quick Google on it and of course it jogged my memory. So you get electrical impulses. Does your tens unit have controls for how much you get? Where do you place it most of the time?

Hi Cheryl Ann,

The one I have comes with 4 gel pads I put 2 lower neck at the back and another 2 just a bit further down, they can't be put directly on the spine but go either side, in the booklet it shows where to place the pads according to where you want the treatment.

It's got 6 programs for the body, neck, shoulder, leg, back, etc. and you choose the mode setting for different pain/massage effects, on mine its 1-25 for the intensity of the electrical impulses for 30 minutes a day. It's a bit of a strange sensation. I couldn't tolerate it at a high intensity on my neck, number 5 the highest I can go. I've not tried it anywhere else yet.

It hasn't cured the pain, but has made a big difference (pain relief) especially with the neck/shoulder stiffness too.

I got one thanks to this thread. I love it! Thank you for your pists

I had heard about these and it was a fluke, but I had our vet out for my horse. She had sliced her jaw open. He came the next day and determined it was quite deep. I was having a flare up and I had pulled the muscles in my back and shoulders so was in pretty extreme pain, but figured I could endure for a while. It ended up being me holding my horses head up so he could get the stitches in her lower jaw. I was holding her head and started going down. I told him I was passing out. He looked at ma and asked, "Is it from the blood or pain?" I said, "Pain." We stopped for a minute and I grabbed something to sit on and told him to continue. After we got done he started asking me questions about my pain. He pulled this box out of the back of his rig and handed it to me. He said a client gave it to him, but he'd never likely use it. It was a TENS unit. It works great! I just have to remember that I have it! Like now! lol I over did it yesterday. Had two medical appointments about 2 hours in between so stopped at Macy's. I hate shopping, but I was having a pretty good day, so I went in and found a few things. Finished my appointments and still felt pretty good so went to Costco. Ya, couldn't hardly get out of bed today....I should probably go get that thing!

I bought one on Amazon and have been using it all over various points on my body and it does bring some good relief. I would definitely recommend one.

oh very interesting! i had gotten one years ago for my back pain (i had spinal fusion) and never thought to use it for fibro. thanks to this thread i'm going to look for it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back