cold sensation and pins and needles what is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LisaMarie528

Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
US
State
NY
Hello, new to forum and to FM. In addition to usual pains and issues, I got a new one. I have been having pain and tingling along with numbness from shoulders to hands. Hurts to drive, zip clothes, text, cannot take jug fromfridge with out two hands. also been having sharp ice pick like pains in random spots on head and pain on back of skull and eyes are heavy and weak. New thing is floating wavesof cold tingly sensations on head and now moving to neck shoulders and upper back and arms. Like a freeze coming over me. What is this***? Is it MS or is thispart of fibro? Some what dizzy too.
Any help or ideas appreciated.

Tingling and numbness can be fibro symptoms. It could also be pinched nerve and messed up muscles in neck. I had symptoms like this a number of years ago and that's what it was for me. Doc prescribed baclofen and physical therapy and it eventually went away.

I cant type much today but if its any comfort i get icy sensation buzzing over me it turns to what i call icy burning and the pain gets crippling where ever the feeling comes.

Thank you for the responses. I have doc apt tomorrow. Hopefully will see what it is. Gentle hugs to u both. I slept on heat blanket with my gloves on. Hubs let me have bed to my self so arms could spread out. Got some better sleep. Off to work I go ready or not. Hoping my doc agrees to run some definitive tests to rule out ms or lupus etc. She hasn't done that. Just based on history and symptoms. She is a "believe r" cuz she has fibro too.

You are blessed to have a doc who believes you and in Fibro. Good luck with your tests!

Thank yuo Julie. She is setting me up with a neurology clinic to run some tests to either rule our ms or find it. Ugh. They will also look into cervical nerve which could be pinched or something. So progress I guess. Sleeping on electric blanket and gloves at night have been helping to sleep. Now if my fibro fog would help me not be an idiot and take my morning pills in the morning instead of mixing them up, ahh. I keep doing that. Yesterday I kept sneezing all day. Only to discover I took my night pills in the am! My allergy pill is in the AM pack. Good thing the gabapentin is in both. Or that would be (and has been) bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back