Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
AB
I started on 30mg. of cymbalta for one week and stared feeling a lot better with less pain. Now the doctor put me upto 60mg. a day and I still feel not bad but I can't stand the severe headaches,I have only been on 60mg. for 3 days now. How long does it take for these headaches to stop while on Cymbalta?
Thank you!

I tried to take cymbalta and it made me so nauseous that I had to stop taking it. They say that the side effects do decrease and/or disappear with time, but I could only take a week of it because I stopped being able to eat at all. I would say that if the headaches don't decrease in a week, it is not the right medication for you or the dose is too high. You should not have to go weeks being miserable in order to find out if it will go away eventually. My opinion. I am not a doctor.

If you tolerated 30mg ok, and it helped with the pain why did you increase the dose? Did you stay at 60mg and did the headaches go away?
I've been on 30mg of Cymbalta for 4 days now and my pain is worse than ever and I have a crazy new kind of headache. I can also only sleep for 6 hours before I wake up. I don't want to eat. Woo!
I am personally a fan of things that help a little bit and don't make things worse. Sleep hygiene, gentle exercise, diet, muscle relaxants, pacing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back