Not open for further replies.

twiztc

Diagnosis
08/2000
Country
CA
State
ON
My niece is getting married tomorrow and all the family and friends will be there.
I've been looking forward to it for so long.
Today im not doing so well though. I have had a mental headache for over a week, been feeling like i've had a cold for about two weeks and thought maybe its allergies,I don't know.
Had to stay at work an hour later than usual when all I really wanted to do was go home to bed.
my hands are so stiff and sore, still having a lot of pain in my hips and now my knees have given up the ghost.
So now I'm feeling sorry for myself and in a way dreading tomorrow.
I really dont want to feel like the resident cripple and have people feel sorry for me.
I dont want to miss out on another family event because of my stupid body.
I just want to wake up in the morning not feeling like I do right at this minute.
I want to be balling my eyes out with happy tears, not agonised frustration in pain tears like right now.

I know how you feel. Even if you don't feel good, pretend that you do for everyone else's sake in the family. Your niece is getting married after all. Is there another headache than a mental one? That's how you referred to it. Take a few meds when you wake up tomorrow morning and you will be fine.

It was a beautiful day, warm sunny and perfectly organized.
It's was such a touching, emotional , truly beautiful affair my problems completely faded into the background right where they should have been.
I, as usual was unduly worried and last night before bed had got myself all in a tizzy. Luckily I was much more rational this morning after having a well needed lie in.
We left much earlier than most but after all the dinner and wonderful speeches and got to see the first dances with father and bride then bride and groom.
I'm now flopped on the sofa with legs throbbing but it was all so very worth it. The married couple are a wonderful pair, and I'm so glad the day went so well for them.

I'm glad it went well and you got through it. Sounds lovely.
Not too long ago I had a funeral, someone quite dear to me. I was so afraid I would have a spell or something at the funeral. I thought what if I get down in church and can't get back up? I did not want my agony to impact the funeral at all. It didn't altho I was pumped up with everything I could take!

Change your question to a statement: You are going to have a good day! And guess what--you did!
They tell me stay positive. I'm positive this disease and all it's symptoms suck!

I'm so happy for you! There have been many times that I've felt the way you did, dreading to go to a place because of my health problems, but most of the times my problems fade in the background (sometimes they don't). I'm glad this was the case for you, I guess your wish was granted :) Let's hope we see more days like that coming! My day might be coming very soon, I only hope my problems fade into the background as well next january...

There have been many times that I've felt the way you did, dreading to go to a place because of my health problems, but most of the times my problems fade in the background (sometimes they don't).

I've heard this often and people saying it for various illnesses, so there must be something to it. :D It seems as if it's often the fear of something going wrong that's the driving force, and sometimes the stress actually causes the problems to worsen... one of those vicious circle things, I guess. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back