Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Fl
Hello all. I am a 35 y/o male that has been struggling to find a diagnosis or treatment plan for what I believe to be myofacscial pain syndrome. It started 4 years ago with a dull ache in the back of my neck and a tight band around my head. This made me start to feel dizzy a lot and came with some anxiety. Dr placed me on anxiety meds. I felt more calm but still had same symptoms. Had an MRI done which showed a small herniated disc and had surgery to correct it. No help. After multiple doctors,chiropractic visits,etc I have found no relief except a warm bath. Working in the healthcare field I spoke with a pain management doctor who suggested it may be MPS and that it was easily treatable. I figured I would join here to see what you all thought since I have lost faith in many doctors lately.

Symptoms

Dull ache and soreness in my back and neck
Excessive feeling of cracking my back
Worstens throughout the day and with activity
Tight band around my temples especially if anxiety is present
Sore muscles upon palpitation and massage
Only things that help are a hot bath, laying down or being so distracted it doesn't bother me.

Thank you all in advance, I'm at my last straw here and can't live like this.

Hi and Welcome....do you have pain all over your body?

For it to be fibro it needs to be in all four quadrants of the body....however i guess chronic pain in just the upper body is still similar in that it is persistant and worsens with activity
MPS i believe is treated in a completely different way to FMS and CFS.

It does very much sound though like you are in a chicken and egg situation where by the pain causes anxiety and anxiety worsens the pain.

My first symptoms aside from foot pain was chronic migraines and at the time i was suffering from a lot of life stress and axiety.

A nuerologist prescribed amitripyline in low dose 10mg to start which is an old antidepressant used for pain all over the body and helps anxiety and sleep too.

It is often used as a first line treatment for fibro and although i dont take it many people do.

Has the pain doctor suggested any meds?

Stay strong try and relax..you will find a way through..pace yourself with activity... have those baths and maybe seek more help from a rheumatolagist and neurologist.

keep as active as possible as in the long run this helps your overall health...i had a big downturn in my fibro 2 years ago after severe stress and became housebound...but the inactivity has over time worsened things both physically and emotionally.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back