Recently "officially" diagnosed, hard to find people to talk to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2018
Country
US
State
TX - TEXAS
Hey there from central Texas.
(been in TX since 2006)

I've known for a long time something was wrong. :?:
I started finally going to a 'pain management' place in 2016 - They couldn't find anything wrong after lots of testing, they told me last Sept 2017 they suspect Fibro - and I just shrugged it off because growing up - I was "tough" and like my dad would say "Are you bleeding? then you fine!" and I've kinda kept that throughout my life - here until Jan 3rd when they diagnosed me "officially" with having fibro. :sad:

Really struggling in the past 6 months.
So found this forum to hopefully help and see what others are going through, mentally, physically and emotionally. :|

I understand, i just joined looking for people that understand my pain. I was in the service and they thought it was just chronic fatigue and from my haters i got the haters look as if i just did not want to work. Finally in 2007 the military hospital added the dots and say OMG! she has Fibromyalgia. I don't know for how long i am going to continue working. I am hardly at work and my employer behaves as if i am just faking it.

I replied to your post in the numbness thread - i joined here looking to talk to others with same issues.
I have yet to talk to my employer about my issues, I haven't yet reached the point where i think its affecting my work, though i feel every day i get worse and worse.
Have you looked into other jobs that maybe you can at least remote?

I am hardly at work and my employer behaves as if i am just faking it.

This resonates so much with me. After a while, people think you're just 'lazy' or have a case of the Fridays. By the end of the week, I'm so exhausted that I usually end up with a migraine or physically unable to move - so I couldn't make it into work. My employer ended up terminating me for my absences, even if they were medically excused. I feel your pain - you can only do what your body allows you to.

Helo, i am also sufferung from fatigue for more than 10 yrs. Is any medicine available for treating this

Helo, i am also sufferung from fatigue for more than 10 yrs. Is any medicine available for treating this

I get B12 injections as well as supplementing a B-complex with vitamin D and this helps me a bit. It doesn't take away the fatigue, but I definitely have more battery life than I used to. Clean eating helps, I think, but that could also be a mind-over-matter thing. When I cut out processed foods, and ate fresh and prepared all my meals, holy cow I felt way better. Maybe these things may help you too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back