Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Connecticut
I'm 65 with super skin contact sensitivity on my legs. It started last summer. Felt like my legs were burning even with a sheet over them. Wearing shorts helped a great deal, but now that's it's winter I still want to wear loose, summer pants. The feeling is a cross between itchy/dry and prickly sensation, mostly in my legs. I would give it a 4 or 5 out of ten in intensity. It's not in any way excruciating but it's definitely a problem. My skin isn't necessarily dry and putting lotion on seems to aggravate things. I get goosebumps and chills once the symptoms kick in. Hot showers and intensive workouts seem to aggravate things. I've been to the dermatologist who, without a rash, wanted me to see my GP. The GP is sending me to a neurologist. I don't have any other pains or complaints. I do have a history of a mild depression and have scoliosis in the family (but I've never been diagnosed with it). I read somewhere that this problem could be a vitamin B deficiency so I'll invest in some vitamins. DOES ANYBODY OUT THERE HAVE ANYTHING LIKE THIS?

THANKS FOR READING THIS.:::

YES,YES, YES, I have a condition like yours. My lower legs have a red itchy rash that my doctor says is eczema. Hot water and exercise can make it worse. The best treatments are special salves from scripts from a doctor, or by applying lots of cream (not lotion), everyday. there is no cure and stress and other weather conditions can make it worse. I am supplying a link to a site that can give you more information. Eczema: MedlinePlus

I am happy you found and joined the forum. I hope by reading through the different topic sections you might find the info you need to manage the symptoms your facing and know that we do understand what your going through. whether you develop fibro or not the main thing is to learn how to manage your health problems on a one by one basis. Knowing that one may not be related to the other, so deal with whatever comes by seeing the doctor that deals with that part of your body.

Our members can help by telling you what has worked or not worked, for them and how they cope with their health problems. This will give you some needed information and a great way to make new friends as well. See you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back