Caregiver
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Alabama
Hi All!

We found out that my wife has fibro awhile ago. It has taken some time to start to understand how it works. She is very determined to continue at her career and to live as normally as possible. Like anyone with fibro, she has good days and bad days with it. We're trying to figure out how to increase the number of good days and minimize the bad ones.

I joined the forum here with the hope that I might be able to learn more about both what she can do to mitigate her fibro problems and what I can do to help her with it.

Steely, Hello and welcome to the forum. My suggestion to you is that you help her all you can with household chores and encourage her to take it easy and relax a lot when she is home. Stress and over work play a big roll in the development of muscle pain and chronic fatigue symptoms. On the forum we talk a lot about simple ways to reduce stress by taking slow walks and enjoying nature, bubble baths and naps, watching funny movies, as laughter is good both mentally and physically. Spending time with family and friends and forgetting about work when in their company. Careers are wonderful things and she should try to continue, but tell her to pace herself and not get strained by too much stress.

If she can maintain working at her goal and giving herself a few breaks during the day, it is very hopeful that she will be better off and enjoy life for longer periods of time. I hope this helps you both in some ways. I am sure other members will give you some advice as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back