Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2016
Country
CA
State
ON
I had an absolutely brutal two day migraine. When it lifted, I had no pain. It felt like someone had removed the sand bags from my legs and arms - I felt light. I could jump out of the car without 'setting myself up' first. I could move without bracing myself. So strange. it was like my brain had redirected its attention to my head and got distracted for a bit. It was wierdly reaffirming - like 'oh yeah, you really are sick' - to feel what my body used to be like for a day. lol.

Rub lavendar oil on your temples for a headache/migraine! Trust me. It works!!! Sorry you were in so much pain.......but glad you felt relief on a ten times more level after the migraine!!! =)
Did your diet change to bring this good day on? How was your stress level or sleep routine? Wonder what prompted the good day. Keep us posted.

Nothing different - just a crazy weather change. My headaches and fibro are linked to weather (I've never noticed a dietary link and the stress and sleep issues usually happen with the weather change as well all in a nice package - but always related to weather)- every little change affects me. For a long time, I'd either have migraine or pain ... so I'd have a few weeks of daily migraine and it would suddenly lift and then the pain would creep in ... I'd almost welcome the pain as a break from the migraine ... and then I'd welcome the migraine as a break from the pain. Now my headaches are more under control ... more of a low-grade daily with occassional peeks, and my pain is more consistent and daily as well. I wonder if one of those implants they use for parkinsons would work ... send some shocks into my brain to keep it too busy to send pain signals....

I too react to weather changes. Living by the Rocky Mountains deliver the fluctuations with gusto. And gusto we get in the form of Chinook winds. Along with these winds the barometric pressure changes triggering migraines, cluster headaches, respiratory conditions, and of course Fibro pain. Stress is also a great trigger. Still, the weather is the biggest number one culprit. I'm a weather vane. Lol

We're flat as a pancake here, but being near the great lakes, the weather changes constantly. Every tiny little change affects me. I think I need to live in the dessert ... or a climate controlled bubble. My kids joke that I could be like a hamster in one of those plastic balls and could roll around town...

Strange as i have never noticed weather has any impact on my pain in any way..but wooow stress that's a killer and sends my pain soaring..even small extra pressures can do it these days as if i have lost all my normal resilience.

I know many people do have this link between weather and pain..so glad you had a good day.

I know what you mean about when the pain is so bad in one place and bearable in others we long for the bad pain to go anywhere else ..then when its in the new place we think oh no this is torture go some where else it couldn't have been this bad!

I know for me even if i end up in bed if its severe migraine.face.jaw pain i long for the pain to reduce as you cant even distract yourself with TV or a computer or conversation..then when my stomach and girls bits and lower body is throbbing and im doubled up with my hot water bottles in and out of the bathroom 25 times a day i think that is the worst symptom!

I think the thing is its all awful when its awful and i wish everyone on this site some better days!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back