Other
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
US
State
NY
Hi Everyone,

I just felt a little better today because I was getting over a cold and flu.So of course I decided to clean the house and do laundry.

Bad decision, lol my feet are throbbing in pain and very tender to walk on.I believe Plantar Fasciitis is definitely a symptom of Fibro.

My podiatrist agrees that it is related. I said to him the other day, " I never had it this bad where I can't walk for long periods,and I'm limping all over."

And he said, " Well you never had Fibromyalgia before either!"
I had to laugh because it was true.He said that Fibromyalgia affects the fascia on the bottom of the feet.Itcauses inflammation and pain. Which can alter your gait.

I've used orthotics in my shoes for 4 years now, and Ive had bad inflammation for about 3 years. I've had several cortisone shots ,which have helped for short periods.Applying ice packs to the bottom of my feet for about 20 minutes has really helped. By the next day the inflammation has decreased.
I also wear bilateral night braces which keep my feet in a dorsiflexion position, which helps stretch the fascia.My husband loves those!l lol

I would have never thought that I would have had foot problems.But then again I would have never thought I'd be sick.

A lot of physicians can't list the right symptoms that are inherent to the disease.But if they would read some of the forum, they would learn a lot.

Sagey

I totally feel for you - I was only 29, in the middle of life after 4 years of mental illness. I was finally employeed, was social, had friends, was travelling....I suppose it was also the start of my fibro history, 10 years ago.

I was actually walking in Washington DC on my day off from a work trip when my feet began to ache so much that I had to lay down on the grass and could no longer go any further. It is horrible, but I tiptoed to a fountain and put my feet in there in desperation (something I would normally NEVER do) The cold water did help. And the rest of an hour. But it surely ruined my holiday.

Then this whole treatment process started. Inserts, night time braces (lovely right?), medication....but it is such an annoying pain, it gets in the way of so many things. Back then the Xrays showed nothing, now 10 years later they show thick heel spurs. The radiologist just looked at my face and said 'ouch, you will hurt for the rest of your life'. Oh I thanked him so much, what a kind man!!!! (ggrrrrrrr....)

The inserts are my life saver. And as painful as it is, I also have to use my foot massager. I think it keeps the fascia flexible/helps with blood flow, so using that rolling pin like thing helps a lot. And good shoes (aka good sports shoes, only shoes I wear!)

So I feel your pain....I hope to see a miracle cure in the next 5 years as plantar fasciitis seems to be 'big business'.

Let's hope they can come up with the magical potion that will allow us to fly...wouldn't that be lovely, to float around all day!

I have this pain in my feet too but told its fibro..it was the first sign of fibro i had and was told PF..like you vicky i had to simply get off them and wondered what on earth was going on....I was just going on Holiday to Austria when it started at the airport randomly out of blue...i recall being in a queue to board the flight and my feet aching so bad i sat on a 4 inch window sill in desperation to get off them leaving my partner to keep my place in the queue.

Move on 10 years and i have same severe pain in all my legs and knees and have to grit my teeth to walk around the house.

This horrible illness seems to have no end of degree and how far it spreads and for me has definitely been progressive..sometimes my feet would do okish and my legs too for the first few years now i have been 2 years same everyday...i agree no doctor would get the degree and way this illness affects us fully.

lol vicky..flying seems good idea..maybe a nice mattress to lay on at the same time for when our arms get weary from flapping!

Last edited:
Yes a flying mattress would be great! no pressure on our feet and we could go store hopping and shopping lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back