Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Missouri
I have had 4 "episodes" since June of 2018. I woke up one morning and hurt all over like I had the flu. The bones in my feet felt like they were crunching together. Every joint hurt. My hands/fingers/wrists were stiff and painful. I wanted to sleep all day long. I had a painful spot to touch at the base of the right side of my head. The "episodes" last about 12 days or so, leave for a few weeks, and then return again. My doctor ordered lots of blood tests and have ruled out RA and lupus. My cortisol level was low so he ordered an ACTH which I don't have results from yet. I have been through a Z-Pak and Levaquin with no help. I am just so miserable! I did have a rash with the 3rd episode in the inner elbow that finally cleared up with a steroid cream. Please tell me what to do further or ask my doctor to do. When I am not in a spell I am full of energy and constantly doing something physical with no problems. I am 63. I did have a great stress with my dad's death in April before these symptoms started in June. Please help me!

I started off with similar symptoms. At night I would lay perfectly still inbed and I hurt all over-no pain reliever helped. I was finally referred to a Rheumatologist who told me I had Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis but that the majority of my symptoms were from Fibro. I suggest you look for a board certified rheumatologist and check out their profile and patient recommendations. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back