Not open for further replies.

jcairns82

Diagnosis
02/1993
Country
CA
State
Canada
I was so excited to go on vacation; however, I over did the walking on the first day. We got lost, so 2 hours were added to the walk.

I've woken up today in so much pain, but I'm able to move, so I'm not going to say anything and ruin our 2nd day of the trip.

I've managed to convince the group to take transit, but not sure if I'm going to be able to last all day.

It's so frustrating, when I've been doing so well the last few months and then it just creeps up.

I wish the hotel had a hot tub, but instead, I'm just using a hot shower to relax and massage the muscles.

Sorry to hear you aren't having a good time...if you check with the front desk some hotels share facilities so you might be able to use a hot tub at another hotel..sorry not much help...

A hot shower should help. (Boy I wish i had a hot tub.) Your better off leaving the group early if you can, to rest up for the next event. Pace yourself so you don't wind up canceling the whole rest of the vaca. Enjoy what you can so you'll have good memories.

Thanks for the advice you two. I never even thought about asking the front desk, if they had access to another facility. Great tip for next time.

Minimal walking and taking transit was super helpful and I made it through. Now to just take it easy, as we're home and it usually takes some time to recover after a trip.

I've woken up today in so much pain, but I'm able to move, so I'm not going to say anything and ruin our 2nd day of the trip.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having to go through this... and on vacation. :-(

Is this a flare starting, do you think, so just the over-exertion from walking so much? In either case, I hope it calmed down so that you could enjoy the rest of your vacation!

Sorry to hear pain is ruining your trip! It really sucks when pain steps in and does that... but at least you can move! If it was me, I'd probably wouldn't be able to walk! Ugh, it sucks you have no hot tub over there! This kind of pain can be tricky... do you take pain meds? I'm not a huge fan of thme (hate the side effects), but sometimes you just have to take them! Sometimes hot water won't just help :(

It's been many years since I've had to take pain pills (thankfully). I'm pretty stubborn and tend to blame myself for when the pain flares up. After 20 years, I'm pretty familiar with my triggers around fibromyalgia. However, when put in a new situation (i.e. vacation) and one out of my control (ugh...we got lost), there wasn't much to do.

I am definitely grateful that it didn't result in a day in bed.

Sorry about the pain, they tend to ruin ones good times, but don't let them bring your life to an halt. Enjoy but don't over do it, may be a pain killer will take the pain away for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back