Siderea is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: Bismarck
State: ND
Diagnosed: 10/2013
Interest: Diagnosed with FIBRO/CFS/PAIN and Arthritis
Siderea is on a distinguished road
Default Spring hurts

Spring is a tough time because I'm very sensitive to weather. The barometric pressure changes constantly, the wind is rather constant and extreme, storm systems pass through regularly, and things are beginning to bloom.

I'm already feeling loopy from the weather, and it's tough when health issues flair on top of it.

Yesterday I was driving home from the store and caught my self totally zoned out. I realized I had gone through an intersection and had no memory of it. Was the light even green? When I got home, I couldn't talk coherently to my husband. I watched a show with him to relax, but couldn't follow what was going on in it.

I'm extremely hypoglycemic, and I'm pretty sure I was having an episode of very low blood sugar on top of struggling because of the weather.

I'm not much better today. I have errands I have to run, but I honestly don't think it is smart for me to attempt to drive.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:48 PM #2
Registered Member

mariposa is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: ???
State: PA
Interest: 1 close relative, 2 friends, I want to help them
mariposa is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Spring hurts

I agree that driving probably wouldn't be a good choice today if you're feeling that way. What did you end up doing?

I'm sorry that your day was so lousy yesterday... it sounds like a very frightening thing to have happen.
Old 05-02-2014, 02:38 PM #3
Registered Member

katydid is on a distinguished road
Registered Member
City: ........
State: Somewhere
Interest: Other
katydid is on a distinguished road

Spring, winter, and fall are bad, at least for me... I can't handle weather changes either... It's funny, I used to think my mom was crazy when I was young and she'd be able to predict snow storms and snow days because of her pain! I always said, "yeah right mom, you're lying!" and don't you know she was right 95% of the time! Now I know without a doubt she isn't and never was crazy! Weather isn't my only pain trigger, but it sure plays a big role in my problems!
Old 05-02-2014, 09:40 PM #4
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member

Trellum is on a distinguished road
Very Helpful Member
Registered Member
City: NL
State: NL
Diagnosed: 04/2011
Interest: I have Fibromyalgia, chronic pain, or chronic fatigue.
Trellum is on a distinguished road

*Hugs* I know how awful brain fog can be, in the last few months my brain fog has been like that too. If I were you I'd really try not to run any errand for a few days. If you have a relative or friend who can do it for you, then go for it! I always says that is better to be safe than sorry when it comes to brain fog and this kind of issues! Hang in there and take care of yourself! So sorry to hear you also suffer from other chronic issues!
Closed Thread

Tags
driving, health, pressure, weather