Relative
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
NL
State
Overijssel
Hello everyone,

My name is Rudy, I am a physics student from the Netherlands. My girlfriend was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in January 2015. She doesn't so much like to search for information or help on the web. That's where I come in. I joined this forum to learn something more about fibromyalgia and perhaps some ways for her to find a little relief in the pain.

Kind regards,
Rudy

Hi Rudy,

I'm Fina, and I am newly diagnosed, but I will share with you a few key things I've learned so far.

Maybe show her some posts that she can relate to. She will be amazed that so many people are going through the same thing. It's actually very comforting and makes you feel less isolated or not understood.

Stress has a very big physical impact on people with Fibro. Hopefully you are helping your girl with keeping peace in her life as best she can. Love her up and be patient.

Light exercise, yoga, ti-chi, walking...these are important. Moving the body is important to keep the stiffness from setting in and causing more pain. Warm baths with epsom salt seems to be helping alot of people as well.

My doctor has given me Magnesium Malate supplements for Muscle pain and energy boost. It's been a week so far and I'm doing pretty ok with it.

Sleep is very very important. Make the bedroom as relaxing as possible and a place of comfort. Use a noise maker if it helps her sleep.

All the best and hope to see her here soon! I'm finding alot of comfort talking with the other folks here. There are some who have battled Fibro for many years and are great sources of information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back