DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2008
Country
UK
State
anywhere
Hi David,,

I see the new signs for sharing threads on facebook etc.

Does this mean anything we post can be shared with anyone or in a public place on these social networking sites.

I have to say from a purely personal perspective this fills me with great concern as when i joined i thought only people who are likely have fibromyalgia and join here would be viewing my contributions.

I realize there are guests here that might browse but generally they would be people looking for info because they have, or might have fibro or be a friend/family member of someone with fibro,

The idea a thread could be posted on facebook and then hundreds of unknown people view makes me feel very vulnerable as i have probably off loaded some pretty personal information.....in hind sight of course that is my responsibility and i should have been more cautious.

I am not complaining i realize this is the modern world.

Perhaps you would be kind enough to clarify if i have got the gist of this right as i am not mega experienced with technology and sharing etc.

Thanks very much.

Hmmm, I'd like to know also.

Yes, it can be shared with anyone through social media. But, must also know that there are very few private forums. This one is not private, anyone can view this page or any other page on this website without signing it. This is a public forum, most forums are.

But, it's also important to remember that nothing you post online is truly private.

Wow i really thought there would be limitations on information on a forum being copyright or something not allowed to be just put on Facebook or emailed to another person by pressing a share button.

Gosh!!!

Also remember you are using a user name which hides your identity and you can even not put the town you live in. It is advisable to never put your phone number or your email, or address on any forum board. And I agree with @Destiny3614, that private things that might point to you should never been shared on any private forum. That way you will always be safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back