Status
Not open for further replies.
Have questions for you guys. Are these issues you mention separate from fibro? Part of fibro? Did you start out with these things or did you acquire them later? Is it menopause related? (I don't know how old you guys are). I'm curious as to whether I should expect things like this.

Everything escalated by fibro. It may not have started by fibro , but fibro will become a big parts of it. Everybody's fibro act differently because we all have different backgrounds and different histories but fibro just love making things complicated reguarless of what it was at the beginning.

If you starting your menopause now , a chance that you will experiencing more complication because of fibro are much to be expected.

I'm the ripe old age of 35 do no menopause yet.

I do take birth control in a manner that made me stop having my periods 3 years ago, yay! My endocrinologist (thyroid issues) said I shouldn't do that but a nurse at my PCP who used to work for an OBGYN said the only reason to have a period was to have a baby and I was fine with what I was doing and could continue. It also helps my PCOS.

My fibro (assuming the doc was correct) right now is mostly managable. But it's hard to say, put shoes on because stretching that far isn't possible for me. I'm working on it.

You poor ladies are going through hell tho. I feel so bad. It sounds horrible. :(

lyrin

I'm 38 this year, but my body already went pre-meno twice , I was on hormone treatments for a while not because of fibro but fibro complicated my hormone treatments I had to stopped it which was also horrible talk about extremely mood swing :confused:

Then after healthy diets for a year my period decided to come back twice per month :-x and it caused my anemia to come back even stronger and depleted me of my daily minerals and vitamins intakes to the point that my hair and teeth and nails were brittling and fallen off of me. I kinda miss my bald headed self sometime. :cool: ( no shampoo need)

So period on fibro can be hellish too. ( what a suprise:?: ) My body still getting bloated tight around my body feeling like it was gonna pop at any moments along with extreme nauseous like morning sickness. What I couldn't escape even after my period came back is the intense burning like hot flashing from hell! burning me from inside and out :mad: , and I suddenly I'll looking like a 5 months pregnant lady in an instant.:shock: I have keep taking lots of potassium ,calcium ,and some magnesium to keep my intense bloating down in cluding thermal supplement to keep my body cooling with lots of electrolytes water and forcing my self to pee out the access water which can feel like an almost impossible task. After strictly taking vitamins and minerals enough per day , I finally manage to have keep period just once a month again. But still the pains live on strong each month it happen.

At least I only have to deal with it just once ( or twice) a month. Of the madness instead of everyday on going . I could imagine how hellish it is for Diamond and others who have full menopause and going through with this while dealing with fibro.. oh god it hurt so much just imagining it. :confused:

I have't been dianosed with PCOS yet , but with fibro I can bet anything that my doctor would probably going to still saying the same thing over and over again that it's fibro. There's no point in arguing with that.

Last edited:
I've heard a lot of people say that PCOS can be managed with lifestyle changes too. Eating certain diets, eating healthy, getting balanced nutrition. So if you think you may have it you can look into some of those.

I know I'm PCOS from an evaluation and blood test by my endocrinologist. My male hormones are elevated. It's a lot easier to get diagnosed because they can test for it.

PCOS itself is just irritating for the most part for me. I used to have amazingly painful periods. I have no desire to have another child so I don't have to worry about that part anymore. Also it leaves me more round than desired. :D

I'm proof you can have both, though.

It does leave you with a higher risk of diabetes because it comes with insulin resistance.

Thank you lyrin, with all the hairs growing in all the wrong places like my delicately bearded chin and my lady parts fallen out of places.

I'm pretty sure soon enough I'll turn in to a MAN :mrgreen:

I have some stray hairs in various places. I know that feeling.

But I have a single hair on my cheek, not stiff like facial hair, like head hair that will grow like 5 inches if I don't keep it in check. What is it even doing there?! lol

:) :) Don't get me on facial hair......i mean we go all our lives with lovely smooth skin and suddenly you find 1 hair sprouting out of your chin....a few months alter its a patch of 5! A year later its a daily plucking routine ...god knows if i had to stay in hospital my first things to grab on the way out the door would be my tweezers and mirror!

Otherwise god forbid in 2 weeks i might be on the male ward!!! :)

:) :) Don't get me on facial hair......i mean we go all our lives with lovely smooth skin and suddenly you find 1 hair sprouting out of your chin....a few months alter its a patch of 5! A year later its a daily plucking routine ...god knows if i had to stay in hospital my first things to grab on the way out the door would be my tweezers and mirror!

LOL Wouldn't that be weird if the end result of long term severe fibro suddenly cause the sex change ? :lol: I hope that doesn't effect the fibro male patient the same way :shock: god forbid who knows what kind of horror parts would pop up or disappearing.

I still have a hard time trying to find the acrobatic way to tweeze my beard off of me accurately without nipping my skin off by accident. My aim is so lousy these days. During flare up I could't even touch any of them and 2 weeks later OMG!! :-?

I look like one of those young teenage boys' band :confused: lord help me.

:grin: Yeah I'd be right there with you! Sometimes I forget to pluck. Then I see myself in the mirror and realize how many people have observed my.... beard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back