DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Has anyone tried CBD oil yet?

I started it on Friday as I’ve heard so many successful stories from others I wanted to try it for myself. I’ll let you know how I get on. I’m feeling very positive about starting it :-D

I'm just thinking too about trying it....ive put it off on principle of the cannabis link but im ready to give anything a go as im becoming so disabled and i think its no worse than so many prescription meds.

I only learnt about in on this forum and with no THC it is sold as a health oil with high grade organic ingredients .....do let me know how you get on.

I haven't ordered mine yet...just been reading a lot so far.

I would like to add im not encouraging anyone to do anything without medical advice..but i haven't left my house for 3 years so am pretty much at stage of 'what worse can happen.'

i still feel as tired but have more energy when I’m active, I know that doesn’t make sense though lol.

I’m starting one of the other CBD oils tonight to help with sleeping in the hope that I can take this instead of the Amitriptyline at night. I’ve had no side effects so far and I’m definitely starting to feel the benefits. I’ve read so many positive things about it.

I have tried CBD oil and I have seen some progress but when I stopped using it then my fibromyalgia condition become worse again. One general misconception is that all kinds of CBD oils available to purchase are same. Not many people know how to choose the right CBD oil. Should you choose pure CBD or should you get diluted version. With some research and trial, I found which worked best for me. Overall I would recommend using CBD oil as it does seem to work for many users.

Its true im not really sure about strengths etc..plus in UK its from hemp as far as im aware.

Lou may i ask what strength did you try or more than 1.

I hope its ok to talk about on here because in UK its sold as a health food supplement..not sure if that's the same as the stuff used for pain elsewhere in the world.

I too would like help to sleep as everything i try medication wise makes me feel really ill with side affects.

Sorry diamond, I’ve not been on the forum for ages.

I started with the CBD green which is the second strongest. There is a CBD light and CBD gold which are the same strength but the gold contains turmeric which is a natural anti-inflammatory. I take the green twice a day and the gold at bedtime for sleeping. I’ve stopped Gabapentin completely and can honestly say I’m not in any more pain than when I was taking it. I don’t feel as though the CBD has helped with the pain but I’ve definitely not had any flares since I started it a few weeks ago. The trick with CBD is to start on one of the weaker oils and build up gradually until you find your optimum dose. I hope that helps. If you want to know any details about the company I order from just send me a message, I’m not sure if I would be allowed to post a link in the main forum.

Hi
It’s my first day on here !
I’m on a large dose of CBD oil and have more mobility and less fog in my brain but no pain relief. Been on for 6 months now
Thinking of switching to THC and CBD OIL.
Any ideas I would love to hear them !
Desperate!
Four and a half years of torture!
Thanks in advance

Just a wee update.

I’ve noticed a huge difference with the CBD & have come off all meds except Amitriptyline but I’m hoping to wean myself off this too soon. My fog is far less since stopping the Gabapentin & my speech is much improved. The pain is much more manageable & I’m able to walk 2-4 miles every day. On top of that I’ve been back out on my bike a few times and managed to do 12 miles each time on top of walking.

Wish I’d tried CBD sooner!

Has anyone tried CBD oil yet?

I started it on Friday as I’ve heard so many successful stories from others I wanted to try it for myself. I’ll let you know how I get on. I’m feeling very positive about starting it :-D
“I recently ordered the AnnCannMed Rich CBD oil. So far from what I am experiencing, this product is definitely helping with my chronic pain issues and my anxiety. I really recommend giving this a try.”

I’ve been on CBD oil about one month. I can tell it’s really helping my moods and anxiety. I seem to have more energy and not as depressed. I’m taking a 500 mg strength, .5 mil twice a day. I don’t notice as much pain relief tho. Is this considered a low dose? I would really like to get off some of my prescription meds. And it’s really expensive.

The trick with CBD is to start on a low dose & build it up slowly. I’m not sure what 5mls would be, normally the bottle comes with a dropper or a spray and you start with one drop/spray three times a day and increase it by one drop each week up to a maximum of 5 drops 3 times a day. If no improvement you would move up to a stronger oil and do the same, starting at 1 drop 3 times a day. I’ve been taking it for months and built up to 800mg however this seems to be too strong and is exacerbating my fibro so I’m going to drop back to 500mg. It’s trial and error finding the optimum dose as everyone is different and you’ll know if you increase the dose to decrease it again because you’ll start to get symptoms back. I hope this makes some sense, I’m terrible at explaining things.

Edited to say the pain was the last thing to improve with CBD, it helped with the fatigue, energy & sleeping first of all.

Last edited:
I was looking for a right marijuana strain that could help me with my chronic back pain. I'm suffering from it for almost 2 months now I just don't know if it's connected to my work since I'm sitting more or less 9 hours. This is the first time that I would be taking medical marijuana I'm not sure if this would be effective with my back pain. Also is there any other way of using it medically?

With CBD oil you start on a light dose & build it up slowly until you reach the optimum dose for you. You can also buy CBD gummies if you find you can’t take the oil, they’re just like jelly sweets but cost more than the oil or you can make your own which is quite easy to do. When I first started taking CBD oil I made them into chocolates and you just pop them under your tongue to melt, these were really easy to do but now I don’t bother, I just take the oil on it’s own.

I have some friends who take it and they are very happy with the result: less anxious, a feeling of well-being but not "high" or intoxicated". I tried itr several days and had good results with capsules-the plain oil tastes harsh but I had to stop it because it interferred with the Guaifisen proticol that I am on-no plant based oils except oil & corn so the cannibus is out. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back