Not open for further replies.

valarieb

Diagnosis
05/2009
Country
US
State
Mississippi
Hello. I just joined the forum, but I've had fibro and chronic fatigue for going on 4 years now, following a surgery that I never managed to recover from. Hoping to make some friends that can actually relate.

Hello valarieb,
Glad you found us and I hope we can help you feel better. There are many ideas on this forum for managing fibro, and many different topic's to choose from. I hope you just join in and feel at home, comfortable enough to post what you want and rant if the mood hits you.

You said you had some surgery, that did not turn out as good as hoped. I hope with our help we can provide you with words of encouragement and make you smile some. See you around the forum. I am looking forward to reading your posts and getting to know you better. :)

Hi Valarie, I'm so sorry to hear that but glad you were able to find us. Have your symptoms escalated over the past 4 years?

Yes, Janet, the symptoms have escalated. I suppose that I've dealt with all of this for longer than 4 years. That's just when it got bad enough that I had to go to the doctor. The symptoms actually seem to stay fairly stable for long periods of time and then get dramatically worse all at once. I can't remember when I've had a day without pain. Hey, we just keep going on and doing what we have to do though, right.

Yes, it's only when it gets beyond any "normal" level of pain and discomfort do we aggressively seek help and then eventually get to our diagnosis. I'm similar, I think perhaps I'm lucky versus how severe some people's pain and discomfort. My husband says 'keep on truckin', and I think sometimes that's what we have to do.

We can all relate, there's no day's without pain. But, there are good days, and I do my best to enjoy those.

What symptoms of yours have escalated?

Hi Valarie, welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back