So Much Pain, Even In My Toes- What's your worst flare-up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dymon26

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2011
Country
US
State
North Carolina
As we all know yesterday was Father's Day and of course I'm the only good cook in the family. I spent a few hours cooking dinner and put on my brave face, when my body is actually screaming in pain. After cooking a big meal I'm in too much pain to eat and the flare up comes. I really hate Fibromyalgia flare ups because, they take my normal everyday level five pain to a level ten. Everything in me hurt even my eyes and toes. My toes literally locked up and felt has if I had ran them into a walk as hard as I could ten times. I must admit I have had some out of this world flare ups and the one I created last night by overdoing it is among the list of the worst ever. I often experience leg and feet pain but, never in my toes. This pain reminds me of a past flare up that left me crawling to the bathroom on my hands and knees while my husband was at work because, I was in to much pain to even stand up straight. That was the worst ever and it lasted for ten days. I hope this flare up ends soon

After cooking a big meal I'm in too much pain to eat and the flare up comes. I really hate Fibromyalgia flare ups because, they take my normal everyday level five pain to a level ten.

:-( I hope it soon stops for you, too! And I'm sorry that you're having to deal with a flare now.

Not sure about the toes... I've personally not heard of that being a problem area, but we all know that it's not the same for everyone. Could there be something else going on there like arthritis? Fingers and toes are often the first joints to hurt from that.

Have you tried... hmmm.... I don't know. I think the first thing I'd try is putting my feet in warm water. I also have heated (microwave) slippers that are helpful for all kinds of foot aches and pains.

Let us know when you're feeling better!

:-( I hope it soon stops for you, too! And I'm sorry that you're having to deal with a flare now.

Not sure about the toes... I've personally not heard of that being a problem area, but we all know that it's not the same for everyone. Could there be something else going on there like arthritis? Fingers and toes are often the first joints to hurt from that.

Have you tried... hmmm.... I don't know. I think the first thing I'd try is putting my feet in warm water. I also have heated (microwave) slippers that are helpful for all kinds of foot aches and pains.

Let us know when you're feeling better!
The pain that feel in my toes is probably coming from standing up for too long cooking on a hardwood floor. This is my first time having that type of pain. I'm not sure if it's from the fibromyalgia or arthritis. I've never been told that I had arthritis. But, I do know that when the pain gets this bad my whole body seems to react. You know, I have a pair of those hot sock and didn't even remember to use them. However the pain in my toes did stop but, my feet and legs are still burning and hurting. I'm going to microwave those socks right now.

You know, I have a pair of those hot sock and didn't even remember to use them. However the pain in my toes did stop but, my feet and legs are still burning and hurting. I'm going to microwave those socks right now.

I'm glad you remembered that you had them! Are they the kind that can be either microwaved for heat or put into the freezer for cool? Maybe if the heat didn't help (not sure about that since your feet were already burning) the coolness would?

In any case, I hope you're feeling better today!

If I do not get to a flare up in time, I get what my neurologist calls a Cervicogenic Headache. It is similiar to a migraine, but 10x worse. It will put me out of commission for a week, it is so draining. Along with the headache, I will have burning, fiery pain every single muscle. I will be absolutely miserable, and can't move or eat until the pain goes away.

Oh, so sorry to hear you had such a bad time! I hate to cook or do anything else when I'm not feeling well at all. I do love cooking and it relaxes me tremendously, but there are time I just don't feel like doing anything at all. I hope you are feeling better!

I'm suffering with toe pain too. It comes and goes, like a very sharp shooting pain. My trouble is that I overdo things on my good days, I'm new to this fibro and haven't learnt to pace myself yet.

The flare ups can so bad, sometimes the whole body and everything in hurts so bad, a pain one can not explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back