Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ny
hello I have been having chronic pain and fatigue for a very very long time now I'm finally starting to take lyrica things to my podiatrist however every doctor looks at me like I'm crazy its been almost 7 years I have felt horrible. I've been trying to see you rheumatologist I was told they can diagnose I also have an appointment with a neurologist but not sure which doctor would be better to see. I also have a disability case coming up days after I see the neurologist and I'm very nervous that no one will still believe me.. I'm only 33 years old and I would love to have my life back. if anyone has any suggestions or kind words on the process please share I would love to hear it.

I would say take any appointment you can get with either doctor. When you see the doctor try to state your facts about your symptoms and life without being to dramatic as some neurologists can make a negative approach as someone who is just depressed. Try to remain calm no matter what is said and have courage. As for the Disability case again just try and be calm and state your case the best way you can. Usually they ask you questions and try and answer them without going off on a long drawn-out rant. The best of luck to you. I had a lawyer at my hearing and my brain fog was so bad and I was very nervous and scared, but the judge was a kind and considerate man and believed me. Always remember if your turned down you can always appeal the decision and continue the fight. I wish the best outcome for you. :)

I would definarelu see a rheumotologist, and if possible a dr. in a doc in a pain management
group would be the best of all choices. Many symptoms of fibro mimic other diseases such
as lupus, MS, and neuopathy, which I have been misdiagnosed before fibro diagnosis, Neurologist
I went to did not recognize fibro.
Best wishes

I saw a Rheumatologist and she was no help and referred me to a Pain Clinic, who she said were the "fibromyalgia experts." She wasn't up to date on diagnosing fibromyalgia (still did the "tender point" test, which no longer needs to be done to give a diagnosis). The Pain clinic doctor diagnosed me after having suffered for 7 years with this. I wish you luck. Getting an accurate diagnosis is hard, but it's possible. You just have to keep asking for referrals until you find the doctor that will help you.

my primary care doctor is a complete idiot she referred me to a pain clinic they told me they can't help she then referred me to a spine doctor who told me they can't help. on my own I made the neurology appointment in the Rheumatology appointment I was hoping to get diagnosed before my SSI hearing most of these doctors are completely clueless constantly struggling with them but all we can do is keep on pushing them to do what we need. I personally am just eglad that I have an understanding of what is wrong so I can help myself when they don't . And thank you for your post :-o

Hi there! I totally get you, I'm also struggling with my doctors, they seem so clueless and useful. It's disappointment after disappointment. It's hard, but we have to keep on pushing until we get what we need. That's what I'm doing, but it really gets tiring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back