Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
uk
State
humberside
hi all,im new im female 60 wiv fibro,been so well all summer thought it had gone.now its back with a vengence,i have burning and all body itch.im a dog lover with 3 dogs

Like you I am much better over summer. I actually went camping for 3 nights last week - after a quiet week before and with nothing planned now for a couple of weeks to rest and recover. I know with me it ties into seasonal affective disorder which I had long before fibro became a problem - I dont get depressed in winter I just try to hibernate and have no energy for anything. I think some people with fibro find the opposite, they are better in winter because they find the heat of summer makes them worse. It is individual for everyone - over time you will hopefully learn to manage it better and recognize when you are OK and when you need to be resting.

The heat and humidity is definitely worse for me. I was just recently diagnosed. We moved from Indiana (where my aches and pains were nowhere near as bad) to sunny Florida where I dread the head and humidity. I am working full time at the moment but have taken so much time off for medical issues I won't be surprised if i get let go. I don't have any benefits so FMLA does not apply to me and Florida is a right to work state so they can fire me for no reason. Hopefully I would get unemployment. Anyway back to the cold vs. heat. Everyone is different, Luckily I have an awesome rhuematologist and GP that are helping me with all this. That is huge when dealing with this awful condition.

Really interesting here, what did exactly happened in the summer? So that is the question, if you manage to reproduce that you can live fibro "free" in the rest of the year as well!

Yeah summer is great I feel almost completely normal! That's why I want to move to Arizona, Texas, New Mexico....Hawaii, someplace warm. Anyone else's dream?

fyi, I think, once you get your body normalized again, your body doesn't have to work as hard in the summer time, plus we are happier, which makes it sooo much better for fibro (plus more vit D)

Hello all. I'm a heinz 57 bag of whooped butt, lol. I was first diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Sjögren’s disease and Epstein–Barr back in 2002 and as young as I was then they were just names and tags not really meaning anything but looking back they were the doormen responsible for letting Fibromyalgia, MS and Lupus in the temple that is my body. The past 18 months of my life I honestly thought that maybe I was getting better but it was a remission of sorts. We live in Jacksonville, Florida and I've spent most all of my life in south Florida. The summers are a nightmare of humidity, barometric pressure (arthritis bullet!) and unbearable heat for me. When we travel as we did this summer to northern Indiana to visit with our oldest son and Grandchildren I felt like I died and went to heaven physically. It was over the 4th of July and we even had a tornado scare at 1am at the campground and were bustling to their shelter and I was able to move with the best of them getting there, so well in fact that my 65 year old husband and I RAN past the golf cart parked under our front awning to RUN to the shelter! Who says a F5 can't make you boogie. Now my version of running may be some kids version of the dork walk but I got'er done. When I first went into remission was during a trip to the island of Hawaii in Pahoa during July of 2012 and the climate there was just simply heaven, as Goldie Locks would say "Just right". I have felt for quite a while there is a direct link in weather and much of these afflictions but with so many it is difficult to make sense of it all. SallyHarry, our dogs are the only real source of affection we have other than that of our Grandchildren, they love unconditionally unlike adults. Just so sad to see so many suffer from things of which there is no cure. We all have hope though and without that we would have nothing.

Do you normally get Seasonal Affective disorder? This certainly sounds like you may have vitamin D deficiency. When I started taking vitamin D my symptoms disappeared without me even realising how bad it was. When you've had pain for so long you often forget it is there until it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back