Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
I had to stop working do to my pain & fatigue, has anyone else had to do this?

I stopped working for almost a year. I am fortunate that I had a bit of a nest egg and a supportive family so I could do this without worrying about how I was going to survive. I recognize that not everyone has this option. I'm back working part-time in a flexible position. I have to say that I felt really defeated when I had to stop until I realized I should look at it like an opportunity to just concentrate on my health. Thru trial and error, I've started moving upward. Most days now my pain is manageable; although the stinking fatigue and fog continues to challenge me. I'm staying hopeful. I wish you well.

Yes alot of us have quit our jobs because of pain and exhaustion, I wish that was more recognized, maybe if one of these celebrities came out with the challenges that people face having Fibro, it would be more excepted as a real disease!

Thanks, I hope that people will realize how serious this is. How much it affects your quality of life.

Yes, I hope that day comes soon, so many of us have to live with this and it's frustrating when people don't understand it! I read an article on-line where a Dr. was diagnosed with Fibro. it was kinda nice to read that. It changed the way that they thought about people with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back