Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/2010
Country
As
State
South Australia
Hi guys when I read this forum about medications to help pain sleeping constipation I e noticed that a lot of people can take them I have so much trouble taking anything the main symptom I get now is extreme pain burning all down my spine and all my muscles feel like they have been stabbed with a knife extreme fatigue the other symptom I get now which I didn't before is sever anxiety and that was just from trying to take a laxative and when I did take it the pain was unbearable then any other medications I tried had the same effect so I'm finding it very difficult at the moment because I have a bowel issue I get constipated and can't take anything for it I'm trying enemas at the moment just water ones when a tried a glycerine I also get erratic blood pressure
Suppositry I was sick for weeks just from that it's hard to understand how the body can be so reactive I was just wondering if anyone else has so much trouble taking any medications
Thanks. Neen

Hello Neen,

Some I've read here have trouble with one or more medications, and some with all or most. In that case you may be able to find some relief at least with natural stuff, like vitamins, etc. For example; I have more energy with B complex, more relaxed; mind and body, with magnesium ( also helps the bowels). I take Krill oil as I have high inflammatory blood levels and( Bromolain). There are simple things like heat from an electric pad, shower or bath. I'm trying a new Fibro cream, ( FMaware) .Drink lots of water to flush toxins from the muscles, try to keep a regular sleep schedule. these things and much more can make small differences that really add up.

You may find help with a Naturopathic Dr., or chiropractic, massage, acupuncture or accupressure. Unfortunately what works for one won't necessarily work for another--we are all so different! (Have you tried a coffee enema?)

There is lots of info here and through these posts. You'll have to do research and become very involved in your health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you tried drinking lots of water, eating lots of fiber and adding prune juice to your diet. These are all natural ways to help with constipation. As for other meds, many folks with fibro also have chemical and other sensitivities, so checking the ingredients in anything you take-including fillers or the non-drug elements- is a good idea. Check out the alternatives thread to see if there is anything there that might work for you. Hang in there and be open to as many forms of "medicine" as you can. Sometimes it can seem as if our bodies are just turned inside out.

Thanks for your reply I do try natural medications but I seem to react to anything whether it's natural or not I'm also on a restricted diet very limited I did try physillum but that gave me such sever anxiety I did persist for a few months but it seem to make me worse I eat lots of dried figs that does help but not enough I have a overgrowth of a bateria in my lower bowel dr said it would be ideal to go on antibiotics but she knows I wouldn't tolerate them so I'm trying a really powerful probiotic see how that goes thanks for your concern. Neen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back