Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2014
Country
CA
State
ON
It's difficult not being able to do all the things I used to do at Christmas. This year my Fibro is worse than last year at same time. I'm not able to go out and do fun things with my family. I'm encouraging them to go anyway but makes me feel depressed to stay at home. A bit of the "poor me's" today. Lol. Grateful to have help but feel so separate. Anyone else feeling this way, especially as it's holiday time for some of us?

Dear Lily7 yes this is the worst year and Christmas i have had too in the 8 years since fibro landed on my doorstep!

Last year and all previuos years i have prepared all the lunch by 8am and cooked it myself with some help from my partner lifting things in and out of the oven carving etc. This year i am in bed cant walk or barely make a bowl of cereal and it is truly awful.

I feel for you watching all the festivities as i dont want anyone else to miss out either but its hard being left out and in pain.

Luckily my son is abroad for xmas and my partner who has his own son and family including a young grandchild are all together...so i am on my own with a bowl of soup for lunch.

i hope you can enjoy some of the festive season and that 2016 brings better days ahead for you. Take Care x

Dear Willow, Thank you so much for replying. I'm sorry to hear you are in bed and alone. I'm able to sit for periods of time today for Christmas and my husband is taking care of everything. I'm very fortunate. If I could send you full Christmas dinner from Canada, I would! Best Wishes for a better 2016.

Thank you Lily7....if all our dreams could come true i would cure all of us of fibro /cfs and give us our lives back. I hope you get some rest in between taking part in what you can. x

Hi! I have been doing all natural with fiber- supplements, and major diet changes.. no gluten, little grains, no sugar, caffeine etc... It took a year, but finally was feeling amazing. My mind was clear, I had lots of energy, but then the holidays hit.... I hit a wall the week before Christmas with all the stress and chaos the holidays seem to bring with them. I had a couple foods I shouldn't, didn't get enough rest and just overall did too much. I am back to all my natural things.... but it's taking a while to get back to normal, feeling so guilty about not taking care of myself. I am so tired and have so many new pains that I didn't have previously and I feel like my mind is struggling.... anyone experience new pains with a new flare up? They seem to be very intense this time. Also---anyone have luck doing all natural as well? Thanks and happy new year!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back