Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2002
Country
UK
State
UK
Does anyone else have problems taking medication to help with FM ?
My doctor is being brilliant, we have tried various drugs but he says my tolerance for drugs has been very heightened and everything we have tried leaves me with a very hung over feeling at best, so now I'm on amitripyln but in liquid form and using a syringe so I can start on a very low dose and gently up it once I'm settled with dose. It's going to be a slow process but I'm pleased with how it's going so far. Does anyone else struggle to take prescription drugs ?

Hi yes many of us are very sensitive to meds and side affects. I have been prescribed amitryptiline before but it knocked me out and made me feel like i was going crazy. Glad you are making progress with slowly increasing the dose.

What were you on before? May I ask? I take amnitriptolane at night to sleep.

I am on a nerve blocker, a pain killer, a muscle relaxer and several depression medications. I am also on a prescription anti-inflammatory plus a host of vitamins and various other medications. I can honestly say I have no side effects from anything other than cotton mouth. My mouth is always dry and tastes terrible. I use Biotine to help keep it moistened but that doesn't always work. So I am lucky in that regard. I can take all of those medications and still drive and stay awake all day.

Yes I do ,some of my meds have been on the lowest levels possible for over two years.i just can't get to the does they want me to.
But u will get there. U no your body.if it take a long time so what.;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back