Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
FL
I'm curious if anyone else experiences this. Occasionally when I'm doing work I need to concentrate on, like writing in a small space or trying to plug my headphones into my phone, my hand will do a little spasm, just once. I haven't found a trend with it, but it happens enough that it's frustrating.

Anyone else, or just me?

I've had hand tremors since my 20's. I had spasming back then and would frequently drop things but now it's just constant tremors. Tops of my hands really hurt too.

I get occasional hand spasms and also leg spasms. Mine are like yours, VegAthLes, just a single, sudden contraction. I told my doctor, and she sent me to a neurologist. He did a few tests and found nothing serious wrong. He said it can be a caused by taking a lot of medications that increase serotonin. The doses I am taking would not normally cause a problem, but he thinks I may be extra sensitive.

For me it is easier to adapt to the spasms than the problems I have when I don't take my medications (insomnia and more pain).

I have hand tremors when I do to much. I also get the spasms too. It happens when I'm typing on the keyboard. When I want one letter I get two.
That's why I try to check my words before I post anything. :)

I am on a couple of medications, but this began before I was on medicine. If it persists or gets worse, I'll mention it to my rheumatologist. Thanks for the input!

I'm unmedicated and get spasms frequently.
Both hands from about mid forearm-- up the side of my hand and up my pinky. My legs seem to be the same, all the way down to my feet.

I was spasming like crazy during my last round of MRI's and worried that I wasn't being still enough in the machine-- but I was praised for having some of the clearest pictures the tech has seen, so that's good! haha

CrazyCatLady, I'm sorry to hear about your spasms -- they sound much worse than mine! I'm glad the MRI went okay, though! My daughter had to have an MRI late last year, and they had to sedate her (she was only 4 at the time). Not fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back