Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2017
Country
UK
State
Scotland
Has anyone else been diagnosed with sleep apnoea or had sleep study done? My GP phoned me up the other day to tell me to go in for an assessment, sure, I practically live at my GP surgery just now anyway! My rheumatologist recommended it after my last appointment. I frequently get woken up by making a loud snorting noise (how attractive lol) or by making a loud gasp. It's more annoying than anything as it wakes me up. Anyone else experience this?

Yes, I was diagnosed with sleep apnea several years ago. I had a sleep study done and it showed I quit breathing more than 30 times in an hour. I am about 100 pounds overweight so I'm sure that is what's causing it. I have to use a CPAP machine at night. I hate it and sometimes don't use it but when I don't use it I don't feel as rested.

Yes, I have been diagnosed with sleep apnea. I use a machine every night.

An interesting thing just happened related to this that I would like to share.

I have been using the c-pap (Res-Med, top of the line) machine for sleep apnea for 4 years.
I was recently diagnosed with fibromyalgia as well. The doc gave me pain medication, hydrocodone and tylenol.
When taking the pain medication before sleep my apnea "events" just about go away, according to the machines nightly report.
Anyone have any ideas? Is the FM pain contributing to the apnea?

I had a sleep study done a year before my FM diagnosis because my husband was saying that I stopped breathing during the night and had gasping noises.......never woke me up. I was advised that I was borderline Sleep Apnea with Restless leg syndrome and I snore at 68 decibels. Recently my rheumatologist suggested another study and I am waiting for the results. Seems it's just one more associated condition. I am willing to focus on every piece of the puzzle because if you can fix little bits of all of them than maybe, just maybe I can get enough relief to manage this miserable disorder. In Canada the test is covered by Ohip, not sure about the U.S.

I find it very interesting that on the nights I take the strong pain medication for FM my sleep apnea goes away, I would of thought the medication would make the apnea worse but it doesn't. I've been watching this for about two weeks now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back