Has anyone gone into remission with Fibro or chronic fatigue syndrome?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daleo717

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/1995
Country
CA
State
British Columbia
Hi, I seem to have gone into remission from my chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia. I got remarried about 2.5 years ago and slowly my fibro and fatigue seem to be in remission. I would say it has been for about 6 mths now. Slowly over the past few years I seem to get less and less of the horrible symptoms. I am not sure if it's because I am happier and less depressed, or if it is some other reason. Has anyone else gone into remission and if so, how long has it or did it last. It would be great if it went away forever wouldn't it. It's been winter and spring here and that is the worst time of year for me. Summertime is coming and it's always easier in warmer weather for me. So I hope this remission continues. Any thoughts on this?

daleo717,
Hello and welcome. In some ways I would have to say my fibro has improved, from the time of my first symptoms. I was in so much pain at that time, plus having sight and hearing, odd sensations and weird symptoms that mimiced serious life threating illnesses. But over the past 25 years, some have disappeared, by the means of my slowing my life to a snails pace. No more multi-tasking or super clean house. I do most everything different in ways that are easier on my body.

But I still get pain and brain fog when I get stressed out really badly. I agree to things without thinking it through, then I end up having to stop and admit the errand or chore is too much for me and tell myself to just stop and think before saying yes. Fibro is not usually a giving condition, it is a taking one. But the one thing it has given me is more consideration and kindness, toward others. I am not as quick to make judgements against someone just based on appearances, but get all the facts. Being more kind-hearted can be a blessing and also a curse if you let others take advantage of you.

I hope I answered your question. Winter is hard, but spring is sometimes harder do to the more ups and downs in the temps. But as you say summer is on the way and it is worth looking forward too. :)

Never knew that fibro could go into remission always thought of is as good days and bad days.

I don't know if "remission" is the right word for what I'm experiencing, but I'm not suffering nearly as much as I used to. See my thread about a naturopathic doctor in the alternative medicine section for details. I'm on a ton of supplements, eating differently (I've always eaten organic and whole foods, but I'm focusing on a certain method of diet as directed by my doctor now,) and doing exercise like I've not done since I was 15 and in lots of sports. I still fight noticeable fatigue, but the fibro symptoms are almost gone. Every once in a while I notice painful pressure, usually in my legs, but it's not as painful as it was before getting help from this doctor.

That said, whenever I have any sugar (fruit, honey, 85% chocolate bar, etc,) I get killer fibro symptoms. I also notice it more when my sleep is bad for a couple consecutive nights in a row. When I'm sleeping really well my fibro is at its best!

So I'm willing to bet that it would come roaring back if I stopped the regimen I'm on. I think I've made a lot of progress, but my body can't take care of itself on its own right now.

I went into a sort of remission not long after I first moved to Canada in 2008. I still had a flare Every now and then but they never lasted more than a couple days and were not as severe. I hope you have a nice long remission and there have been a few cases where it never comes back as bad as it was. For me that was not the case but I live in Hope that I will be lucky enough to experience another remission one day.

I believe my fibro has gone into remission as well, I noticed I was in less pain 2 to 3 months ago, but sadly now there is something else that is threatening to make things worse: I might be pregnant! Just when I thought things were kinda looking up for me :( Ah well, I guess I will get more pain than ever if I'm indeed pregnant... praying to G-d I'm not!

By the way... I never knew fibro could go into remission! I thought that only happened with cancer, I guss that's why I noticed there were some periods that were almost pain free!

Mine might have gone into remission, but I'm not sure because I wasn't diagnosed with fibro at the time. I had "something" (a lot of pain, stiffness, fatigue) for a couple of years. Docs called it "some kind of systemic inflammation". Then I moved from sea level to a city that was high elevation and low humidity. My symptoms totally disappeared for six years. Then I moved back to a lower elevation/higher humidity and got sick within two months. A year later got the official diagnosed of fibro/cfs.

Corvid - that is REALLY interesting to me, because I think I'm the opposite. I felt a lot better when I was living at sea level than I do here on the prairie. I felt better in in the mountains in Idaho than I do here as well, though, so it's very possible that my symptoms have more to do with the prairie. Still, the best I've ever felt in my life was when I lived right next to the ocean for about 6 years.

The more I read posts here, the more I'm convinced that fibro is a different experience for every person. What triggers my fibro doesn't seem to have any effect on someone else with fibro. It's frustrating!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back