Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Nj
So im on the verge of tears even typing this, but my pain level is about 7 out of ten... I'm 21 years old and have been struggling with fibromyalgia since I was 19. I was just wondering if there's anyone older than I who's had it many more years, and if you could tell me if it gets worse. It worries me, and makes me wonder what I have to prepare my self for.. I'm only 21, and tasks like painting a room (which I did today) should be fun not debilitating, I can't even fall asleep! Is there any hope?

The first thing that I have to tell you is that there is ALWAYS hope. You do not have to be in pain for the rest of your life, and there are things that can be done to manage your condition. The difficult thing is because of the fact that there is very little knowledge about it, doctors often don't know what to do with the best, so there is an element of trial and error with it all. However, you can be sure that you will eventually find something that will work for you, and this means that you can live in hope that you will not have to live a life of pain forever.

Today I was told I also have pernicious Anemia...so fibromyalgia, polymyalgia, chronic headaches, normal pressure hydrocephalus, hypothyroidism, RLS, tinnitus, TMJ, GERD.....what's next. I am having such a hard time doing my job but don't want to quit as I need the insurance at the moment. I am getting really discouraged and everyone says " no worries they will figure it out and get you on the right meds to make it go away''...........really?

Hey Joshyswife

Im 24 was diagnosed at 23 but suffered since was probably around 19ish, I have found that it hasnt gotten worse but more consistent.... if that makes sense... its hard being so young and suffering with this i tottaly get where your comming from with tthe painting of the room should be fun i wouldn't even have bothered trying to be honest cuz i know how i would have been after.... I have found meditation, hot baths, reading ( the book the secret is great inspirational and really helped me) i find the more calm i keep the better it is. Are you on any medication to help you?

I was diagnosed some years ago, my early 20's, but I suspect it all started when I was in my late teens or maybe a bit earlier. I have noticed it has gotten a bit worse, I mean, pain more often! I've been getting new symptoms lately as well. It's annoying but bearable. You just need to go see a rheumatologist and tell him how you feel, he should be able to five you something that eases that pain.

Best of luck! Keep us posted and don't lose hope there is always hope!

I've never actually been diagnosed, but my brother has at the age of 19. He said it becomes a part of you after a while, you get used to the pain and it does get worse, but it'll become easier. Just keep pushing he said, and you'll make it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back