Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Minnesota
I would be interested to know what you feel is the best book(s) to read for someone who has been diagnosed with fibromyalgia. Need information on how to cope with this, how to not always be complaining,coping with doing things despite symptoms and flares.
Thank you.

Hi! I just bought a book called THE FATIGUE AND FIBROMYALGIA SOLUTION by Jacob Teitelbaum. I have had FMS/CFS for 3 years now and have done tried many medications, therapies, doctors, supplements, and natural products and you have to find what works for you. This book is to help you get better. I am enjoying this book and a lot of the suggestions and recommendations I am doing or have tried. This is actually the first book I have bought for FMS/CS. I have used the computer for all of my research.

Links are not allowed. Suggest you do web searches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello, good question. I haven't made it through them all but so far I have found 2 I will use as reference books going forward. Fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain: a survival manual (technical but insightful) and figuring out fibromyalgia (written by an MD who has fibro). I just got my hands on the trigger point therapy workbook...hopefully this will teach me how to alleviate some of the pain on my own. Happy reading!

My recommend is a first year with fibromyalgia by Claudia Mereck...lots of info and help on all the symptoms of fibro.

specifically for fibro, my psychologist that specializes in pain management lent me a book Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - 7 proven steps to less pain and more energy by fred friedberg. she recommends this book to all her fibro patients and said that out of all the books that she read on fibro and cfs, she found this the most practical and helpful. i can't agree more!

When I was first diagnosed I read two of the books mentioned above - Figuring out Fibromyalgia and the First Year with Fibromyalgia. Both were helpful. Also surprisingly informative - the Idiot's Guide to Fibromyalgia. Recently I read Breaking through the Fibro Fog by Kevin P White. It's written by a doctor who went from fibromyalgia doubter to fibromyalgia researcher. The book refutes the doubters and in the procees it gives a good overview of what the most recent research says about fibromyalgia.

I highly recommend the Life Planner workbook by Dawn Hughes. This is a comprehensive reason on FM detailing how to cope with FM from diagnosis, symptoms, clinical treatment including current trends in the treatment of FM. The book is divided into four sections including support, resources and networking sections on FM. It also offers guidance on how to cope with FM in daily life and the role of family and others should play. The book is written by a former FM patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back