DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
NY
Hi Everyone,

So, all weekend I had this very odd uncomfortable feeling in my neck.

My throat feels like I'm wearing a choker necklace and that I might suffocate any moment. I was anxious all day yesterday about it, which of course probably didn't help.

If I tilt my head anywhere down from the straight ahead position, it feels like my throat will close. I've had issues in the past with feeling like I couldn't swallow and having a hard time getting food down, but this seems to be a different feeling. I just can't put my finger on it. Maybe more like swollen glands type of feeling, although they don't appear swollen.

Anyone? :-(

You might go see an ENT Doc and have them do a scope on your throat. Also tell the doc about your swallowing issues. Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.
Gentle hugs

This could be a symptom of anxiety alone. My throat gets a mixture of tightness and hard to swallow if i'm stressed and no doubt any part of us is more likely to start acting up fibro wise if we are worried.

Just about any part of us can suffer with tight muscles weak muscles painful muscles that impact upon any function of our body.

It's a bit chicken and egg...try to relax and not think of it as a threat and it will just as likely ease away...if not maybe get it checked out.

I'm not one to rush to the doctors over every new symptom but we are all different...some people need the reassurance and that in itself reduces the anxiety and eventually some symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back