What kind of doctor best for managing Fibromyalgia?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EllaForgotten

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/2015
Country
US
State
Alabama
I'm very new to the diagnosis. Well, somewhat new.. May 2015. I was diagnosed by a rheumatologist, a BAD one, and I'm not sure if I should be seeing a rheumatologist or a neurologist.

Which do you all think is best for fibromyalgia symptoms management etc?

I have psoriatic arthritis and fibro (soft tissue rheumatism) as my main physical issues. There are a few other things like Ankylosing Spondylitis, Sjogrens, and the like, that aren't center stage for me. I treat most of my issues with Remicade, then deal with others as they come up based on symptoms, as he Remicade does the main dirty work. It gets easier, but it didn't get easy for me until I found a better rheumatologist. Two rheumatologists ago, I remember leaving desperate messages just trying to get feedback, and one rheumatologist ago, he wasn't really a rheumatologist... more a general practitioner who dabbled in rheumatology!! Yeah don't feel weird about it, but you may want to keep looking for a better rheumatologist. Then ask them if they can treat you for all your issues or what to do. I wasted the better part of a year on treatment that wasn't working, let alone whatever the first rheumy was doing. I think there is a big division between rheumatologists who are in it for the money and those who will (and can) treat all of his or her patients well. This was my experience. It's not like seeing a heart doctor for your heart... you really have to feel out the doctor who is right for you and the treatment you need. Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back