DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2015
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello Everyone
I am quite blown away how bad the pain has become -I used to think everyone felt this way and then had a new doctor who spent more time asking me questions and getting to know me and had several tests to discover I not only had bad back condition , which I have had for 7 years, but the terrible pain was from osteoarthritis in my back and also fibromyalgia ! I thought it was normal to be in pain-you work hard you pay for it, right ..?

Hello and welcome to the forum.

Yes, you work hard, you pay for it....but what happens is you get so used to the level of pain that it becomes 'your normal'. It creeps up on you. This happened to me and I hadn't realised that others didn't feel the same way. One day when I was having a chat with an elderly lady about the aches and pain of ageing, I realised she had no idea what I was talking about. She, at 82, had no pain. 'A bit of arthritis, but who hasn't?' She said.

I'm sure most of us with a diagnosis of fibromyalgia would like to be more like that old lady....normal.

The best we can do here is help each other find the best ways to cope, whether it is with appropriate medication, heat packs, light stretching exercises or a nice dose of sunshine.

We understand. Best wishes and I hope you feel a little bit better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back