Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
PA
I really dont know what to say but i i have fibromyalgia i am in so much pain my hole entire body hurts so bad every bone every day all day all night been to dr after dr every test i can get tried cymbalta it did nothing i am barely working i am 36 years old i am used to working 4 16 hour shifts a week i have 4 children there are days i just want to take a bridge i cant take the pain anymore and no one understands me

Hi DKenny,

I'm so sorry that you are in so much pain.All of us understand and feel for u.I know somedays we feel like giving up, but you have to hang in there. Because you will have some good days in between the bad.All I can suggest is try different medications and see a pain management doctor.

I know you get tired of seeing doctors, because I get tired too! I feel like most of my days are scheduling Drs appointments.With 4 children it is difficult because you're in pain, but you want to care and spend time with your children.If you have family near by,maybe they can take the kids for a day or two and give you a break to have a quiet peaceful day to relax.I go to massage twice a month. They have a massage program where u pay a certain amount a month .I find that it really helps me and it gives me that short period of relaxation and stress reduction. It also makes my body feel great.its temporary, but with Fibromyalgia that's what you have to do. A lot of the treatments are not long term, accept for some meds.And there are a lot to try.

You are young and it's hard to have a chronic illness at this age.But you want to be strong for your children.So I hope you will continue to fight and push through this difficult time.The most important thing is to stay positive mentally.Try to talk to yourself daily and say " I'm gonna get thru this and have a good day!" I know it sounds stupid, but it works.It will keep u going when u don't feel like it.

I was just reading an article about learning to re-phrase your words to make them more positive. For example if you say" I can't do this anymore." You would say instead" I will try to do this, tommorow might be better." Somthing like that. Lol, but positive affirmations do help!

Anyway, I just want to let you know, that we have all been there.And you need to grieve at times, it's normal.But if Cymbalta didn't work then you try something else.Just keep trying , because it takes a while to find the right combination,but you will. Not to say you're going to be pain free, but you will have more good days to spend with your children. They are your life,and you want them to enjoy it with u.

Feel better

Sagey

DKenny,

Just wanted to let u know that Ive used a product for a couple of years now, and it helps to temporarily relive muscle pain and soreness in your arms, neck, legs and feet.My podiatrist introduced it to me and I love it! It's cream and I usually use the the roll on because it's easier to apply to areas. I just figured I mention it , because it's available over the counter and even on Amazon.It might help u!

Take care,

Sagey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back