Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
CO
I am wondering how others are dealing with being intimate with their partners with fibro. What do you do to keep your relationship going when all you want to do in bed is sleep and everything hurts?

My partner and I love to cuddle. I love it when he rubs my back and holds me, however sometimes it is just too much, even light touching. I don't want to hurt his feelings by pushing him away. All relationships need intimacy in some way. Physical contact and sex are suppose to feel good not make me hurt! The day after we have had intercourse is the worst! Can't move and every muscle hurts! Feels like I was up all night going at it for hours when that isn't even close to it. I have not told him this as I do not want him to feel like he can't initiate with me. He is very considerate when I tell him I am having a bad day. But rejection can be hard to hear over and over.

I am sorry if this is offensive to some and for being so open about this but I am seriously wondering how people connect with their partners when physical contact is too much.

I have had a huge decrease in my sex drive however I don't have a partner anymore so I can't give you any advice on what could help. I do know that I was the same and my muscles were soar after too.:(

Well for me isn't so bad unless we try something really frisky and daring. Sometimes I feel so sleepy tho. Isn't easy, not sure what you can do to help prevent the pain :( I don't blame you for not wanting to do it very often, if I felt that way afterwards I'd do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back