Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/1996
Country
US
State
va
Hi everyone, glad to be here. I have had fibro, Hashimaoto Disease and an autoimmune arthritis condition all diagnosed within a year of my last daughter being born in 1995. She has Down Syndrome and it was a shock, life before was very stressful, along with the way I was told in the hospital. I think something snapped and never went back. The thyroid the endo definitely said was the pregnancy.

Long story short the pain I have been in though was the degenerative joint issues but now looking back over the years it is a lot of muscle, ligiment type pain more than joints. Advil has been able to cover me everyday, for the most part and good shoes. Just dealt with it and kept going. We moved a lot when the kids were young, so I was busy until a big flare. Anxiety and depression have been a nightmare all these years as well.

Here is the question, I took Cymbalta two years ago and about two months in I started itching and having other side effects but mental and pain were good. All of a sudden out of no where I started aching EVERYWHERE, like a toothache, like the flu. My shirt hurt to touch my skin. Went of the pill, thought it may be thyroid was off or female hormones since I also had full hysterectomy six years ago. Still have the aches to this day, take Tramadol. Poops out sometimes and have to take a break and I sit and cry. Is it normal to ache every inch of the body constantly? Do any of you feel like this? I am trying to figure if it is they thyroid if no one else has this type of pain. Now , my neck and both sides of shoulders now that is flat out pain lately. Not a ache. I will end much longer than I wanted to post. Lol

Hi Karyn and welcome.....yes sadly its possible to ache all over..infact aching all over can be preferable to burning stabbing throbbing pain all over.

Often we have a mixture of all these types of pain and everyone's experience pain wise is completely different. Some manage quite well with or without pain meds and suffer relatively mildly but with flares anywhere anytime and for a variety of reasons or no reason at all..... other people are affected very severely are are house or bed bound for long periods or permanently.

However it doesn't mean you may not find a way to improve or just improve anyway out of the blue ...have you seen a rheumy lately that might try a combination of medications. I recently read that combining tramadol with gabapentin is a useful combo that may provide relief together when one alone may not help that much.

I am on the same journey as you and am in pretty severe pain and with muscle weakness too...i understand the tears. Hang in there ...we all identify with the struggle and just about everyone has there very bad times.

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply. It has changed recent which just made question if it was the fibro or something else. Duel dignosis makes things very complicated. Especially when it changed 100 percent from previous.

Yes i can see the dilemma i hope the pain improves again. take Care

Welcome,I ache all over .i hate it,I use tramadol and paranormal.i hurt most days.like having flu .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back