Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/1991
Country
US
State
Az
I've had fibro since 1991. For the last few years I have been dealing with the pain & limited range of motion (ROM) of either bursitis or an unforgiving fibro event. Doctors think it's bursitis, but heat & resting does nothing for the pain. Other doctors think the elbow is a place where fibro occurs & my pain & limited ROM are the result of it. It hurts like hell. Anyone know of anything to use for this? I don't play tennis. It's the same feeling as tennis elbow, so anyone diagnosed with this might also have some advice. Already taking Gabapentin & Bupropion to deal with fibro & other neurological conditions due to a car accident with a lot of whiplash. Any advice to deal with this pain?

This may be obvious, but have your docs taken any X-rays or MRIs ? I've had bursitis in both shoulders for years, and the pain is very different from that I feel from fibro. Have they offered a cortisone shot ? They helped my shoulders tremendously, albeit temporarily.

Hope this helps.

I've been getting this pain too in my left elbow, especially at night in bed. It's not all the time but nothing seems to relieve the pain at all. I try moving my arm into different positions but that gives no relief & it seems to disappear on its own after a day or two. I put it down to fibro as this is a recent thing for me.

I also have bursitis and tendinitis in my shoulders (confirmed after an MRI). The pain is very different, very sharp. It can be there without any movement, but when you move it when it hurts, the pain becomes unbearable. I always have this need to pin a needle in there to relief the pressure.

I've also had cortisone shots, but they did not help me. Heat pads feel good, in the summer I live cold packs, (hate them in winter!) and lots of rest.

If I were you, I'd demand some imagining tests so that you can give injections a try. You can also try kinesio taping around your ellbow. I had that done for my frozen shoulder and it felt real good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back