Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: New info on me please opionions? Sorry just need info not trying to self diagnosed..

Girl22, as I posred in amothre post; threre R 2 MDA Climics in our arera. 1 @ MCG (Medixal Collefge of GA) & tjhe othjer MUSC (Medicxal Umniversity of SC).

& exciuse thje typos, it's jhard 2 type witjh 2 fimgers & UR head froxen 2 UR shouldre!

Re: New info on me please opionions? Sorry just need info not trying to self diagnosed..

Hi Ashley

Good thing you have an appointment coming up. The time will go faster than you think. Try to have an easily understood list of symptoms for your doctor. Read more information on here--I think you'll find that your weakness, while very real to you, is more what we call a 'feeling of being very weak' rather than actual muscle loss weakness.

"Jelly Legs" is a 'feeling of being weak' but can well not be clinically weak--as in a muscle just will not do what it should do--like lift your soda can or turn your car key. A lot of things can cause it.

No one here wishes you any harm--we hope they find a reason for your problems. One thing you'll notice if you read enough--your symptoms are very familiar to many of us. Stamina weak feeling (jelly legs) are actually a sign that point away from ALS.

It is natural to be anxious when our bodies are doing strange things we don't understand. Your neurologist at the very least will do a thorough neurological exam which will lead them to some answers for you.

Also--as many here seem to do--don't 'exercise' and 'test' your muscles. This actually can make your symptoms much worse. Do your daily activities and get the normal exercise that anyone your age would do.

ALS is -- honestly -- very unlikely. It does not mean you aren't having problems. Fibromyalgia, vitamin deficiencies, potassium levels being off, thyroid problems--see where I'm going? Lots of possibilities. Even just worrying can make everything you're feeling worse. ALS never 'comes and goes'---other things do. Myesthenia gravis, for example, makes your muscles weak with use and they are better with rest. Another symptom you have that points AWAY from ALS.

I do wish you well. Appreciate the breaks between paragraphs--wish you could lose the abbreviations, but at least I could read and understand that last post. I would ask about the white spots on your MRIs and see what they say they are, too. Good luck to you, Ashley.
HELLO AGAIN,
MAYBE I HAVE NOT I EXPLAINED MY SYMTOMS CLEARLY, BUT I HAVE BEEN TO OVER 4 DIFFERNT DRS AND 2 NEUROS AND THEY ALL LOOK AT ME LIKE IAM CRAZY AND NONE HAVE EXPERIENCE IN ANYTHING. AS IT LOOKS WHEN MY MRI CAME BACK CLEAR FOR MS HE STATED U DONT HAVE MS OR DEVICS.. IT WOULD SHOW ON THE MRI I EXPLAIND TO HIM THATS NOT TRUE THERE ARE SOME CASES.. HE SAID I WAS WRONG..

THEN I GOT KLOMPIANS WHICH HAVE ZERO EFFECT ON ME ,BUT I THUGHT I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING A TRY.. :( I WISHHHHHH THIS WOULD HAVE WORKD OH SO BADLY, BUT IAM STILL IN THE SAME POSITION AND FEELING.
NO I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON ,BUT I DO KNOW ITS SOMETHING AND ITS SOMETHING NOT LITTLE WE KNOW OUR BODIES, WE JUST KNOW AS ALL OF YOU ARE AWARE,
MY SYMTOMS ARE THE TWICHING ALLLL OVER FROM TIPPY TOE TO EYEBROW, THIS MORNING I WOKE UP W 2 NEW TWITCHS MY NECK AND RIGHT LEG WERE GOING AT IT.. MY FACE THIS WEEK HAS ALSO STARTD MY NOSE ETC ETC WAS NOT LIKE THIS BEFORE MY TWITCHING STARTD 4 MONTHS AGO..

MY MAIN CONCERN IS MY LEGS, THE FEELING I HAVE IN THEM THEY ARE SOO SHAKEY WHEN I DO THINGS OR EVEN WALK ALMOST LIKE CONSTANT VIBRATIONS, WHEN I GO TO READ A BOOK MY HANDS DONT WANT TO HOLD IT THEY SHAKE AND TREMOUR, AND WHEN I BEND TO PICK SOMETHING UP . THIS WAS tiiiny BIT BETTER FOR TWO DAYS ,BUT FULL SPEED TODAY

AS MY SPINAL TAP MRI BRAIN (2) and mri of thoric and spiine allll came back ok, and the dr didnt want to do them in the 1st place i have askd him for a refferal to a new neuro.. no luck,, and i askd my fam dr but HE wants to retest everything he has alredy and put me on more anxiety meds,,, this is just becoming impossible, and iam just seeming to get worst (espically the twitching)

thanks for listening and any inputs once again:)

hi ashley

good thing you have an appointment coming up. The time will go faster than you think. Try to have an easily understood list of symptoms for your doctor. Read more information on here--i think you'll find that your weakness, while very real to you, is more what we call a 'feeling of being very weak' rather than actual muscle loss weakness.

"jelly legs" is a 'feeling of being weak' but can well not be clinically weak--as in a muscle just will not do what it should do--like lift your soda can or turn your car key. A lot of things can cause it.

No one here wishes you any harm--we hope they find a reason for your problems. One thing you'll notice if you read enough--your symptoms are very familiar to many of us. Stamina weak feeling (jelly legs) are actually a sign that point away from als.

It is natural to be anxious when our bodies are doing strange things we don't understand. Your neurologist at the very least will do a thorough neurological exam which will lead them to some answers for you.

Also--as many here seem to do--don't 'exercise' and 'test' your muscles. This actually can make your symptoms much worse. Do your daily activities and get the normal exercise that anyone your age would do.

Als is -- honestly -- very unlikely. It does not mean you aren't having problems. Fibromyalgia, vitamin deficiencies, potassium levels being off, thyroid problems--see where i'm going? Lots of possibilities. Even just worrying can make everything you're feeling worse. Als never 'comes and goes'---other things do. Myesthenia gravis, for example, makes your muscles weak with use and they are better with rest. Another symptom you have that points away from als.

I do wish you well. Appreciate the breaks between paragraphs--wish you could lose the abbreviations, but at least i could read and understand that last post. I would ask about the white spots on your mris and see what they say they are, too. Good luck to you, ashley.
hello
thank you for the reply also , i replyd to al i explaind a little bit more my symtoms , its such a hard way to descibe how we are feeling i never know whats the correct way, but i have had each and every one of those test and more then once, came back normal...

I never knew that brisk reflexs were bad, untill my fam dr mentiond he wantd to check my throid bc my refelxs. Which is fine.. I can take a plastic bottle and barely hit my areas and will jump or hit it say picking up laundry.. Never thought it could be an issue.. Nor did the twitching 4 months ago...

Re: Possible als opinions please?

Hello
thank you for your reply, and i understand, i did get upset tho when i was laying there and have been sick and made the questions and didnt get a reply just about my grammer ,but i get the other persons point all to well also and i do apologize to her/him and anyone else ive offended as i said before here.. We are all going thru something horrid.
I did go to the er 4x bc i was so weak i coldnt hardly make it out of bed and almost passed out. A freind came ang got me
that weakness has not left since then ,but i can admit it has let up some, or since it was feb 17th.. Iam getting used to this
iam still able w no assistance, when i read a book , pick something up, walk downstairs, do anything pretty much squat for the bathroom i have that feeling a vibration/ shakey feeling.

It makes me feel weak, tho iam not weak persay or i would not be able to hold even a plate iam assuming, the twitching statrd 4 months ago not as bad as it is now and gets worst, this morning i woke up w my neck twitching away and my right leg, when iam relaxed, its worst i have noticed, i never knew it could be anything or the start of anything 4-5 moonths ago.. I was sure i had ms as my symtoms, but the mri brain and the lp came back normal whcih is what is scary
i have lookd up other diease lymes, fibro, devics, mgraves, and my symtoms do not match up with any of those only the weakness part but it also is a heavy shakey feeling all over

iam not sure what nxt step my neuro will take as he wont refer me to ms speicalist (ms is the closest my sysmtoms match up or this als/mnd) i mean unless its litterly absoutly nothing then it has to be one or the other , i wish i had those other things, but i know all to well its more then that,
ive been taking my klopins haha which have zero effect on me what so ever. I thught id give them a try wishing and hopeing they would work,

my neuro iam not sure will do anything i explaied to me everything and he said i had an over activ nervous system he is not geetting it! I dont know how else to tell him and i cant get a refferal, so what can i do?.. I have no ins so its all out of pocket and ive been to a lot and they all are quacks bc of my age they arent taking this serious.
But when you go from back spams to twitching which gets progressivly worst (only been since feb) and one day out of the blue wake up and feel so weak that you have never felt in your life have no issues w aniety your life is normal..

Then something is seriosly wrong.. I have aniexty and depression now, bc of the unknown of my future

i make very few posts to this forum because i'm still reeling from my husband's diagnosis! But would you please do everybody a favor and learn how to spell and/or at least utilize some simple gramatics in your sentence structure. I realize that this is not a "spelling bee" or english 101, however, the fact that you can't even manage to complete one simple sentence in any form of intellectual capacity is scary! Invest in spell check or go back to school. I am offended by someone so intellectually challenged having the audacity to get on this website and expect anyone to give your query any type of serious reply. Scarier yet, you're 25 and might have actually graduated from some type of school! If you want als so darn back, figure out the osmosis process---you can have my husbands!
well hello
again excuse me for my grammer and i will apologize to you also, and iam deepy sorry for your husbands diagnosed, this sight has brought awareness to myself as i never heard of this diease bfore untill brought up to me as my ms testing so far has came back normal,, which is scarey bc iam certainly dealing w issues
i came here for insight for the symtoms and etc etc and support from others, never to harm or hurt or make anyone mad, thats is utterly not so, and ive been going thru my own hell latly w my health issues,

as has anyone here!. And iam not sure the osomiss process either thats another reason to come to the site for info and people who are dealing w it or may have this would defitly be the best honest insight, but once again iam sorry for you husbands diagnosed words can not nor will ever be right.. There are no words.. Zero. But i will be praying every night for you husband and youself god is the ultimate healer and can turn it all around just like he did in bible days and now

we will praise him thru this storm. And i sure dont want a diease like this iam not sure how those words could come out of someones mouth.. Hurtful.. I never came looking for anything nor do i ever as a matter of fact ive had many symtoms before i blew off for over a yr (last yr) things got worst as months went by the boom in feb the weakness hit and ive never ever been the same.. Only have my hubbie to help me thur all this which is hard,.. Its just hiim and i

my aunt who raised me just passed... And my hubbies family is living out of country iam not haveing a pity party or anything what so ever.. Nooone even guarteed me life would easy.. Certainly not this hard,, so i look for answer and help here at this support grup...

Hey m22, unfortunately some doctors with regards to women think that their symptoms are all in their head,and that can be very frustrating, i know its hard to find a good dr. Espescially nueros, but keep plugging away you ll hopefully get sme answers soon.In the mean time are you taking any antidspressants those might help calm you alittle.

@SPORTSFAN
yes effexor and klompins "for my anxiety" .. haha

it doenst work needless to say bc its not fixing the real issues, iam fine this would have anyone upset i even just took 2 klompins.. these things dont phase me i wish theyd knock my butt out! haha

Ashley,

The people that can help you the most here need you to make the effort to make your posts as clearly written as possible. I do appreciate the paragraphs being broken up--they are easier to read like that.

Now, can't you make the effort to use real sentences without all the abbreviations.

Your weakness sounds like perhaps a post-viral condition rather than ALS. Hopefully, you'll find some answers.

I really think we should take AL's advice, don't you think?

For Al: I found many but for some reason, I like this one!

Attachments

• troll.jpg
    troll.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 46

This one wasn't bad, either!

Attachments

• troll2.jpg
    troll2.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 38
bulbar issues? more info on it please

I sure hope no one minds this question, i have been looking thru bulbar threads and dont quite understand some things , i guess everyone has differnt issues.

Lately (past few days) i have gotton a feeling in my thorat like there is something stuck in it ,but there is not anything, and i clear it gargle and even try to gag it never gets any better, i also try drinking liquids and it dont help, when i swallow it feels so werid in my throat.

I ignored it and said oh its allergies maybe?, but i just went to eat and the food it was making me gag like it was litterly getting stuck in my tonsil or back of my throat? Is this considerd a Bulbar symtom?. I have no twiching or perceieved weakness that i can tell in my tongue?. But i do know this has never happend in my 26yrs of anything. Iam not paronoid its truly happening.

Its a very crazy feeling i dont even want to eat or swallow bc of it. Iam not sure if this is how Bulbar is ive been looking up and dont really get a clear answer. Thanks for everyones time

Re: bulbar issues? more info on it please

Look up Globus

You've been cleared by what now? Two neurologists? Sheesh. Enough already.

hello Notme thanks i will look this up?... ,but actually noone has cleard me of anything besides MS... and this neuro is the one who said ALS, i never even heard of it before this, i never even googled it or googled when i startd twitching.. So noone i sure wish 2 neuros had cleared me:) THAT WILL BE MY OH HAPPY DAY, :)...

did my reply go thru?.. werid how my post went up before going to modierater...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back